The Crazy Suburban Mom: I was bad, very very bad...

Friday, June 8, 2012

I was bad, very very bad...

The other day I visited my local Halmark because there are only two places around that sell Filofax inserts and this one is closer.  I looked where they'd always been and ... Nothing.  They were gone, replaced by plastic summer gift items.

Another one bites the dust, I thought, now I'll have to deal with parking at the mall.  Since I didn't feel like doing that I walked towards the back to find a Father's Day card.

My mood improved the closer I got to the back of the store, they had a clearance section and 'clearance' is my favorite price!

Clearance Filofaxes, no way!?!

All reason left me and I have no explanation for what happened next but I was bad, very, very bad.

I bought five Filofaxes.

One in every color they had; a red personal Chameleon and an orange Bloomsbury mini.

A black mini Capri and yellow Piazza

And a pink pocket Chameleon

I tried to think of what in the world I would do with so many as I clutched one after another to my bosom.  Maybe a wallet,  as several have the billfold slot.   Maybe Christmas gifts? Maybe I'll just adore them from afar, I have no idea.

I tried to narrow it down to just two but I couldn't help myself; the chances of finding a clearance Filofax in suburban New Jersey is zero, let alone a rainbow of them.

I haven't showed them to my family.   They remain baffled by my office supply feeding frenzies, my Filo Fetish, and they run screaming when I start discussing the merits of one paper over another.  So, I'm posting in hopes someone will understand what I did.

Have any of you sinned thusly?

Sandra 6/8/12, 10:23 AM

Love that you bought a rainbow of Filofaxes! A Hallmark store sold them? I wish. Congrats, and they will lovely up any shelf on which you display them!

Josh 6/8/12, 7:20 PM

Wow! 5! I love all the colors! I would do the same thing. Brilliant!

Doris98 6/9/12, 1:07 AM

I don't blame you, I would have done the same. And I'm sure their turn will come for you, or someone you gift them to, to enjoy them.

LJ 6/9/12, 1:21 AM

It's not a bad thing that you have done. Think of it as a rescue mission. If you hadn't rescued them from the back of the shop they would have ended up in a dirty store cupboard, unloved until the end of time. They would have no confidence and would be damaged for life. You have enabled them to be shown to the world and admired for the beautiful things that they are. :o)

Angel Jem 6/9/12, 4:03 AM

Not a purchase but an adoption. They are better off being looked after by you, even if only temporarily, than just lying there, alone and unloved, waiting vainly for another Filofaxer to come along.
But your problem! Where can you go for a FF fix now?

Vonlipi 6/9/12, 10:43 AM

Oh Tracy you made me laugh so hard!

I totally understand where you're coming from.

I would've done the same thing :)

Tracy Reinhardt 6/9/12, 12:08 PM

Sandra, It was the only Hallmark store I've ever seen them in and they decided not to carry them anymore - which is why they were getting rid of them (so cheaply!)

Josh, I overdid it :) Thats why I'm hiding them :)

Doris, I couldn't resist!

LJ - the store was selling out and some were old! Probably as far back as 2004 - one had a 2010 insert the rest had none or were somewhere in between

Angel - OH! I hope I don't need another fix for a while!!

Vonlipi - I believe you :)

Nancy 6/9/12, 12:19 PM

Hilarious! I would have done the same.

DEM 6/9/12, 1:13 PM

I would have definitely done the same thing! Hallmark carrying them?! I wish the ones in VA carried them!!! I'd be there every week....so I guess it's better that they not!

The fact that they were on clearance justifies the five (in my demented way of thinking!). How could you pass up such a bargain?

The most misbehaving that I've done has been to buy a pocket Kendal, a personal Kendal, and a personal Holborn all in a matter of 1.5 days!

I say...great find and congrats!

Steph 6/9/12, 2:30 PM

I absolutely would so have done the same thing. I love all the colours. Wonderful

Alison 6/9/12, 5:26 PM

I don't blame you, i'm longing after the Piazza, but can only get in from abroad right now, why do I always want, what isn't readily available??

Love the rainbow of colours :)

Ms. C 6/9/12, 5:47 PM

There is no way anyone could resist such temptation. I just bought a mini on sale at Pens and Leather-I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but for some reason I had to have it. Coming suddenly upon an adorable selection of multi-colored filos would have been absolute heaven!

Shannon Mateo 7/13/12, 6:16 PM

You need a twelve step program. This shit is hilarious, you crack me up. I can just imagine you clutching them to your chest looking around to make sure no one else saw them....