The Crazy Suburban Mom: Part 2 Nutrisystem Story

Hobonichi Cousin Planner

Friday, May 6, 2011

Part 2 Nutrisystem Story

*This post was sponsored by my wiggly upper arm fat.  Nutrisystem doesn't know I'm writing it although they might suspect the wiggly upper arm fat thing because I buy their food.*

... so to continue the story of my journey to back Nutrisystem (Part one is here) ...

When I started Nutrisystem for the first time (in my twenties) I was in a bad place, every which way.  I had one pair of pants and two shirts that fit; no drama here, that was really it.  About a week prior to the little boy calling me fat my boss called me into to her office to tell me I could not wear "those pants" to work anymore.

As awful as that sounds, the look on her face said she felt as awkward as I did. There was really nothing for me to say except, I know.  The pants were terrible, I'd worn them every day for as long as I could remember.  I'm sure I went home, ate, that was my answer for every pain, and waited for a paycheck to  buy pants.

If you don't know how bad binging feels; it's bad.  I used to binge before I went to bed and was still sick from all the food in the morning.  My routine was to stop on my way home from work and buy a bag of groceries to eat before bed; a main meal and  a bunch of stuff to eat while the main thing was cooking.  Like I said, it was bad.  The last binge was the worst; I'd eaten so much I woke up and was sick.  I almost didn't make it to the bathroom in time.

The day I joined  Nutrisystem all these things were in that mirror I talked about in my first post.  Not the one you look into, because I didn't look into any of those if I could help it, but the kind you examine your life with.  I didn't like what I saw.

At the time contemplating weight loss felt like moving a train with my mind;  an enormous prospect.   You can't will a train to move  but if you can find a way to get a wheel going, all the other wheels will follow...

Joining Nutrisystem was like the first push against a wheel.

To be continued...

Jill 5/6/11, 11:30 AM

Oh-the binges. I am one of "those" people! The belly aches and the headaches! Why oh why do I do it? I currently feel in control and sure that I will never binge again. Have you felt that way too only to give in in a time of weakness? I hope I have seen my last binge!

The Crazy Suburban Mom 5/6/11, 11:38 AM

Jill, For real, this isn't normally a place I go on my blog. But I've decided that if I'm to lose weight it's time for some introspection - and this is the closest thing I have to a journal/diary. And maybe other people can help me - and tell me I'm not alone. Like you just did :) so thank you for that

Jill 5/6/11, 2:07 PM

You are NOT alone. I know it feels that way sometimes! Introspection and a good sense of humor are a GREAT new beginning for you!!!! Let me know when you feel alone!

Babes Mami 5/6/11, 3:11 PM

I used to binge eat a lot, like if someone wasn't home I would pig out. Then I got to where it would just be once a month and now I can say I haven't binge eaten in a couple years. It's a very nice feeling to have a little control over myself.

Vonlipi 5/6/11, 4:10 PM

Oh Tracy you made me cry for that poor fat girl.I just want to give her a big hug and tell everything will be ok.

You're very, very courageous. This is very humbling for me.

Hugs,

Miss V

The Crazy Suburban Mom 5/6/11, 4:24 PM

Miss V, I don't want you to cry honey. This is just something I need to do for some reason. I can't explain it really. I need to put this all together like its a puzzle and when you do a puzzle you have to lay out all the pieces first and see what you got. I'm not sure but I think that's what I'm doing. I'm not sure but I think so

Lin 5/8/11, 5:49 PM

Weight is a huge issue for a lot of us. I come from a whole family of those who struggle, and I have one aunt and two cousins who've had Gastric bypass. It's crazy. I'm a Weight Watchers gal from way back when and I always go back to them when I start feeling out of control.

Are you doing Nutrisystem again?

Misguided Mommy 5/9/11, 11:27 PM

ugggg...I totally get it. I used to (still do sometimes) go to the little gas station, buy a bag full of trash and then see how much trash i could eat before i reached the driveway. I still have issue with coming home and seeing how much bad food i can eat before my husband comes home and catches me. wish i could learn to stop