The Crazy Suburban Mom: June? Hello, I miss you.

Friday, January 28, 2011

June? Hello, I miss you.

Winter has officially beaten me.  It's bad enough that it snows every nine hours, thirty two minutes.

And that it's higher then my dog - who doesn't so  much mind as she's taken to peepeeing in the house anyway.

And that I couldn't get out to get coffee yesterday and so was coffeeless  until mid-afternoon because that's how long it took to even find my car under the metric poop ton of snow...

But having to R.S.V.P. no to tour the Active Center for Health and Wellness  where I could learn about relaxation (This winter has turned me into an uncooked block of ramen noodles ) ... And anti-aging facials (The shoveling has aged me, man) ...  And massage and various lifts that I will not bother to list  because everything around here needs lifting.

I haven't got a body part that hasn't pointed to my shoes since the Bush Administration.

Winter, that was too much.

June?  Hello, I miss you.

Maureen 1/28/11, 11:59 AM

I'm in the same boat. It has been relentless this winter. I feel like looking for a cave and waking up with the bears in a couple of months.

Babes Mami 1/28/11, 12:55 PM

We are very over winter and we barely get snow down here!

Deborah 1/29/11, 12:40 AM

I understand your pain! I'll be glad when the weather gets warm! Its been a terrible winter, how much longer do we have?

Gabriele Agustini 1/29/11, 8:58 AM

That sounds so awful!
The only way I like snow, is looking at it through a window!
Wishing you better days and an abundance of coffee.
xoxo

Tara Beaulieu 1/29/11, 9:05 AM

Oh (((Tracy))) I feel and share your pain! We currently have snow that is up to the seats of our patio furniture that we never put away and my poor boys can't go out and play because it's up to their thighs and they keep getting stuck and losing their boots- vis a vis they are in the house endlessly with snow days and going stir crazy (as is their mama!)

I am SO ready for summer. Skip friggin spring. Summer. Now. I. Need. You.

beth 1/29/11, 5:42 PM

I feel bad even making a comment here, 'cause I just came in from a hike in 70 and sunny weather. Hope your winter ends soon!

Lin 1/30/11, 7:40 PM

I just miss the earth being any other color besides muddy brown or white. Ugh. Bring on Spring!

Dieter Moitzi 1/31/11, 5:02 AM

At least you've got snow to, ok shovel (bad point), but also to contemplate... Winter without snow is even more depressing. And imagine springtime shows up early (happened last week here in Paris) and makes your sagging body-parts fill up with hopeful sap (even if the brains know spring can't possibly be there in January!), and then - - - temperatures drop down to icy regions again... And still no snow over here. But hey, absolutely with you in missing June very very badly!