The Crazy Suburban Mom: Toddler Pull-Up Yellow

Hobonichi Cousin Planner in my Filofax

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Toddler Pull-Up Yellow

The floor install is going well but you want to know something odd.

DSC03192

I've lived here since '96 and never noticed that the tub surround isn't white until last night.

I mean, I've seen it of course - Almond, I'd think.  But I never gave it another thought because the rest of the fixtures are almond, too.  It wasn't until I looked at the toilet mocking me from the bathtub that I realized, no.

toilet

The fixtures - read: potty - are (make that is) white.

In fact everything is white. The vanity is white, the sinks are white... The tiles started out white.  Everything except maybe the crappy builder's grade paint (that was perhaps white for three seconds) is white.

And now a century down the road I notice my tub surround is, oh.  Not even off white.  It's the color you'd find inside a used Pull-Up.

What, they couldn't dig up a nice Vintage Lace Ecru?

Nikki Cupcake 11/4/10, 9:18 AM

may i say, i love the pebble flooring in your bathroom!

i looked at doing that for my walk in shower but i just don't have the attention span to do it

i'm in the process of redoing my basement floor and i barely and it's driving me up a wall!

The Crazy Suburban Mom 11/4/10, 9:25 AM

Nikki - I'm not doing it myself, I don't have that kind of talent! Let alone the attention span. But wow you're doing a whole basement, that's amazing and fabulous!!!

Maureen 11/4/10, 12:15 PM

The floor looks good girl!

Lynette 11/4/10, 12:33 PM

time to paint the tub?

Babes Mami 11/4/10, 3:14 PM

I think it's time for a new tub! Sounds like a good Christmas present lol

Lin 11/4/10, 8:04 PM

Can you get it sprayed? And while you have an almond tub side, I've got a pale green tub. Gasp. And no, I do not like it but cannot afford a new tub right now. Sigh.

Love the floor!!! Looks FAB!

Lindalou 11/5/10, 1:39 PM

I am still laughing at this. You must be a forest person...not a tree person. (You know...seeing the whole picture (forest) or detail (trees). This sounds like something I would totally due.