The Crazy Suburban Mom: Aside from the crazy germ thing the floor looks fab

Monday, November 8, 2010

Aside from the crazy germ thing the floor looks fab

The floor is in and I've finally bathed.  The bathing a much bigger story.  Friday I realized I'd not since Tuesday - For real.  Given the choice of bathing in what is now the toilet tub...

toilet

...or showering in the stall shower next to the toilet tub or in my son's bathroom - I finally caved and showered in my son's bathroom.

It was a very long week-end of cleaning the toilet tub, cleaning the bathroom in general from the tile install, cleaning the toilet tub again, swatching the paint samples, cleaning the toilet tub, spackling stuff I missed on the first go around, (cleaning the toilet tub again), going over the paint samples in different lights...  (cleaning the toilet tub with something else), buying a different gray from the originals because the originals were too dark, (do I have to saying I cleaned the tub again, because I did)....  and the result was...

DSC03203

I love Martha Stewart's Sea Glass but on the wall it's greener than aquaier, and I wanted it to fall on the aquaier side.  And the two grays I thought I would use turned out too dark and the one I thought would be too light and silvery - Heavy Goose - turned out great.  So I'm very glad I got samples at Home Depot ($2.49 a piece well worth spending and you can order them online from Home Depot here)  The pics are only as good as Internet pics are going to be, but they are something and pretty representational in general.

Now my main problem - aside from that insane germ issue - is that I really, really love the thought of painting an aqua color but when push comes to shove that gray color will look great with the tiles.

DSC03204

And I will probably end up painting the bathroom gray.  Except maybe the the back wall behind the the toilet tub and the one behind the shower - making them accent walls.  If I can find a color I like.

Otherwise I might make aqua and accent color.  But I don't even know anymore so what do y'all think?

Lynette 11/8/10, 1:02 PM

go with aqua and accent with a deep grey

Tara Beaulieu 11/8/10, 4:32 PM

Ooooooh, I LOVE it! I think grey with white trim will look lovely. You can always accent something with aqua- maybe splurge on new towels or something like that? Find an old vintagey shelf type thing to hang on the wall and paint it aqua??? Anyway, your floor is FAB. I would be thrilled if I could get a new bathroom floor. Lucky duck.

Clarissa 11/8/10, 5:13 PM

How envious!How I wish to have a fabulous bathroom like yours.I find aqua and deep grey a great color combi^_^

btw,thank you very much for being one of myOctober EC DropperI really appreciate your visits.

Have a nice week ahead!

J Sedai 11/8/10, 5:45 PM

I know you said that the color you got turned out to be too green for you, but what if you painted it on top of grey instead of white? and with the colors right next to eachother instead of floating in a sea of white? because sometimes the way colors play off of eachother can effect the way we see them? like I have a shirt that is blue/purple if I stand next to blue things it looks purple but if I stand next to purple things it looks more blue, get what I mean? so, what if you painted your bathroom the gray that you like, but did a horizontal band of the aqua color? alternatively, as a nice color combo with that floor, a nice light sandy beige (and kinda match your tub skirt) would look pretty with that floor, and you could still do aqua accents with linens or door pulls.

Lin 11/8/10, 5:48 PM

I'd go with the grey and accent with the aqua. You may grow tired of the aqua more quickly and that grey goes FAB with the floor--which I LOVE, by the way.

I hate picking out paint colors. But that said, I always go with more vibrant colors, but then again, I'm always painting. So, I guess the question is how often do you want to paint?

Maureen 11/8/10, 6:01 PM

The floor looks awesome!! I'm with a few of the others - paint grey and add add the aqua accent towels, etc. then you can change it up if you want.

Susie Homemaker 11/8/10, 7:26 PM

Just checking in and thought I would throw in my two cents...

Lovin' the grey...a whole bunch!

Susie

Babes Mami 11/9/10, 6:59 PM

Aqua towels, rugs and accessories with that grey! Maybe an accent wall but I think that the accessories would be enough!