The Crazy Suburban Mom: A Retro Tuesday I need adult diapers for!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Retro Tuesday I need adult diapers for!

I haven't gotten anything new - no wait, make that old....no.  Oh forget it, you know what I mean....in ages okay,  except my 70's Betty Crocker Recipe File so I am beyond giddy with excitement.  I mean, if I giggle anymore - I'm going to have to run to the bathroom.  Again.

001

I love my card file and pull her out a lot to fondle her cards but technically I didn't go out and thrift her;  I found her through Freecycle.  Today, just before - Like I seriously JUST got home - I went to a thrift shop and there was a hunt involved.  And look what I found.

TA-DA!

retro canisters pyrex

Hang on, I'm palpitating here...

Not only did I find that Pyrex (Miss V, I totally thought of you and almost emailed you from the store) and those canisters but I found some bizarre and obscure cookbooks that I'm sure will have perfectly vile recipes.

vintage cookbooks

C'mon, right?  Isn't that a jewel-toned gelatinous awful dead front and center on the Cook It Cold cookbook?  And do my eyes deceive me or is that a cake on the Cooking With Condensed Soup book?  And what roadkill must be lurking in the Poultry and Game pamphlet?

Pass the Depends, I'm going in...

Want to link up for Retro Tuesday?
retrotuesay stamp
Put a link in your blog, email me and I'll put your link under this post!

Lynette 9/21/10, 2:17 PM

oh oh oh so cool....i wanna of course. I have a pic for you....will have to email it to you.

Frogs in my formula 9/21/10, 2:32 PM

I remember those cards. How could you not love them?

Vonlipi 9/21/10, 3:38 PM

WOW! You hit the jackpot! I would love to find canisters like that! Are they Kromex?They are sooo50's.

I imagined receiving a frantic email from you....that is so funny! You found a beautiful Turquoise Snowflake divided dish and one of your fave colors too! I can't wait to see the delicious recipes you will blog about!

Condensed soups...imagine that they made a WHOLE booklet of recipes with those! UnYUM!

Lindalou 9/21/10, 4:21 PM

Love the Pyrex dish. My daughter has one of those, but I think her's has a lid. Someone she knew had it and they hated it. She...lover of all things blue, she grabbed it when offered.

I love those old time cookbooks, especially the ones put together by women's organizations. I bet you that is the tomato soup cake on the cover of the "Condensed Soups" cookbook.

heidi 9/21/10, 5:47 PM

even I don't have that 'poultry and game' number. ooooh - talk about a hoot and a holler! i dare you to dish about one of those recipes. you'll be like that crazy chick in the astronaut undies, cooking and peeing at the same time!

Jabacue 9/21/10, 6:18 PM

Nice finds! And those recipes......ewwww!

Debbie 9/21/10, 9:56 PM

I'm expecting photos and taste tests!

suzieQ 9/22/10, 7:41 PM

Now, read this with a scratchy, old lady voice...

Well now young chickies, you can make a mighty tasty cake using a can of tomato soup. Yes indeedy. I have eaten it and it is a yummy, spice cake like concoction. So, you young whippersnappers, don't knock it until you tried it.

OK, voice back. My MIL was the QUEEN of gelatin salads. Some delish, some, not so much.

I think you might be surprised with the condensed soup recipes. They are wicked with the sodium, but I have had many, many recipes with condensed soup and they can be tasty. Get it...can?
I'll just head back to my rocker now.

J Sedai 9/22/10, 8:42 PM

what a HAUL!! I miss going to stores like that, they have them over here, filled with lots of things that military folks have left when their tours are over, but the prices are outrageous! so I just don't go in, for fear of having to trade in one of my blond haired children to leave with a treasure!

and anytime I eat anything with condensed soup in it I get an very upset set of bowls!