The Crazy Suburban Mom: Weekend round up, Ginger, Steriods, Last day to win a Cuisinart

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Weekend round up, Ginger, Steriods, Last day to win a Cuisinart

A tough, tough week end.

Ginger had to go to the vet and I didn't think she was coming home.  I don't know what happened but she was restless and just, odd.  Clingy and whimpering.  She didn't sleep much Friday night and kept moving from place to place.

The vet thought she either hurt herself or had Lyme which was the farthest thing from my mind.  Her Lyme was negative and he sent her home with some anti-inflammatory meds.  She was standing at the vets and seemed better and he said she might be better by that night, and she was.

I don't know what happened.   I'm just so grateful.  Last night she was better and today she seems normal.  I don't know what today would have been like if I lost her.

nose3
And as for me, this cold/illness/lung mess has just kicked my butt from here until a week from Thanksgiving.  I've been trying to not fill the prescription for the steroids but Uncle, already.  I just sent my kid to the pharmacy with it.

When ever I get up the get up and go to get up and go get it I expect to feel much better.

One more day to enter!

Maureen 8/22/10, 2:12 PM

I can imagine your stress over Ginger. They really are like our children, aren't they? Then that stress doesn't help when you're already under the weather.

Tara Beaulieu 8/22/10, 2:14 PM

((((Tracy!)))) I'm so glad Ginger's doing okay today. It is NOT a good day to lose a furry friend. Of course, it never is, but really not today.

It feels like a gloomy weekend and this would have just made it so much worse! Fingers crossed it was just a fluke thing and she is well now.

Feel better, you, this is ridiculous how long your butt's been getting kicked!

Babes Mami 8/22/10, 2:48 PM

I'm glad Ginger is feeling better!! Now YOU need to get to feeling better!

Theres just life 8/22/10, 7:20 PM

I feel your pain. I feel totally helpless when one of my babies is sick. And when you think you will lose them I can't think straight and go all emotional.
I am very glad Ginger is okay, and I hope she gets better everyday.
Now we need to get you better. I hate taking meds. but sometimes you just got to do it.

J Sedai 8/22/10, 7:21 PM

EEK I'm so glad she's doing better!

now if only he could have slipped you a mickey to help you too! here's hoping those steroids do the trick!

Gabriele Agustini 8/22/10, 9:32 PM

Poor Ginger and you!!
What a crappy few days you've been having!!
Feel better soon! Like Ginger!
I'm so happy that she's back to normal!
Now it's YOUR turn!!

Lin 8/22/10, 11:28 PM

Oh no! Not my Ginger!! I hope she is doing better today.

Sometimes they get sick--remember Hobbes almost died this spring. They can get little animal viruses from god-knows-where and the vet can't pinpoint the problem. Just make sure she drinks a lot and is still eating. I hope it is gone now.

Oh, I hope you are getting better too. I hate it when my pallies are down for the count. I'm sending lots of love and hugs for the two of you.

Janiss 8/23/10, 12:43 AM

I'm so glad that Ginger is doing better - you had quite a scare there. Maybe the fact that you've been sick stressed her out and exacerbated whatever was going on with her.

jellybelly 8/23/10, 3:49 AM

I'm happy to hear Ginger is okay. I've lost two dogs and it's difficult. The first one I even had to take a day off from work. I couldn't stop crying. You should get well soon yourself.