The Crazy Suburban Mom: Oatmeal going up hill in February

Hobonichi Cousin Planner in my Filofax

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Oatmeal going up hill in February

The bottom of my sink is a mess.  The white fiberglass has worn off so even though it's clean, the bottom looks like a healing bruise; all manner of off-yellows and tans with some odd greenish blues thrown in.

On the 23rd I was over at Amazon.com and saw this sink mat:

It's silicone,  looks like polished river stones - and some can be cut out for the garbage disposal's mouth - and it's the sameish color as the ugly bottom of my sink so it will blend with it artistically.

I had a credit with Amazon (and even though the shipping was half the price of the item) I bought it.  It was sold by The Storage Store through Amazon but I checked their profile,  shipping policy (ships next business day) and the delivery estimate - Maybe even the 27th (tomorrow! yay!)...  and went with it.

That was Monday, the 23rd.  A business day.

Tuesday, the 24th was a business day too, still said shipping soon.   Wednesday?  Yeah.  Business day still shipping soon which meant it hadn't shipped and I also couldn't cancel cause it's oh what was that?  Shipping soon.

So I wrote and told them that I ordered despite the HIGH (WAY-ROBBERY) shipping ($4.95 on an $8.49 item) because their shipping policy indicated it would be shipped Tuesday.  It's Wednesday so, what's up?

You guys know how much I like my emails from customer service.  Tell me it's out of stock.  Tell me it ships from the company, not you.... Tell me the shipping guy was out sick. Tell me the lunar eclipse over Bulgaria caused the coffee maker not to work and you can't ship without your coffee but.... Don't.  Don't tell me canned garbage that doesn't come close to answering what I asked.  Here's the response:

Thank you for your recent order.  We have received your order and confirmed that is currently in our processing stage. Please expect this order to ship within the next business day. You will receive a UPS tracking number or US Mail confirmation once your order has shipped.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you again.

Further questions?

What information did you provide me that I didn't already know?  That I ordered it?  Check.  That it's in the processing stage?  Check.  That I expected it to ship within one business day?

Check cause I knew that on Tuesday, check for Wednesday and Check it's Thursday and it still says shipping soon.

I think Amazon.com should change Shipping Soon to  Shipping slow as oatmeal going up hill in February wearing 6 inch heels and sporting a bad attitude, by the way.  Further questions?

Yeah, what was I thinking?

Maureen 8/26/10, 1:50 PM

You are always at your finest when dealing with customer service. Funny stuff! (I mean reading the post not the aggravation they are causing!)

Grace 8/26/10, 2:12 PM

Amazon sucks. We will not buy anything from them or through them. They don't abide by their own rules; they don't enforce their rules against the vendors who work through them, their customer service is, as you found, unresponsive and, if you actually call them, rude and nasty. So may I reiterate - AMAZON.COM SUCKS!

Babes Mami 8/26/10, 2:40 PM

Oh how I love the customer service people!

Lindalou 8/26/10, 2:44 PM

Thanks for the laugh. I love that you followed up on the shipping. Such a canned answer.

Flufferwuffer 8/26/10, 4:54 PM

Hope you get it sometime within the next year! Customer service can be so...customer servicey.

Flufferwuffer @ Cheap Geeks Anonymous

Lynette 8/26/10, 5:14 PM

Think I would be ticked off enough to not accept shipment...but of course they would never return your money......who says the lil gal ever wins?

J Sedai 8/26/10, 6:35 PM

you are hilarious, they are sad if they think that qualifies as "service".

the mat on the other hand, DH's g-ma has one, and I fell in love, asked her where she got it, her la-di-da daughter brought it over one day (she's got one really well to do kid) and so she thought it unlikely I'd find one. 2 days later I found it in a local "discount" store. (like big lots or tuesday morning or something) for about what you paid for it combined with shipping.

but really I love starting my day off with a laugh, and you do it every time! too bad you have to be so frustrated to provide it.

Theres just life 8/26/10, 9:50 PM

I think all customer service people are practicing for politics. They can beat all around the bush and never touch a single leaf.
Has anyone ever showed them the true meaning of SERVICE... I think not.

Indie 8/27/10, 1:11 AM

customer service people ....

just change your name to Najib and hope for the best....LOL

Great post!
Indie

Gabriele Agustini 8/27/10, 11:57 AM

How frustrating!!
I've always been surprised how fast Amazon ships my stuff, so that would totally have pissed me off too!!
Remember when Amazon just sold books?

The email you got is ridiculous!!
Just don't get upset every time you look at that mat, when you finally get it!
That happens sometimes.

Let us know when it finally arrives!
Hugs,