The Crazy Suburban Mom: How my day is going in number one and number two...

Hobonichi Cousin Planner in my Filofax

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

How my day is going in number one and number two...

A 1 and a....  Spent the morning on the phone arguing with a lab because they are billing me the full retail price for reading a test, giving the results to the doctor - Normal, but saying they didn't do that one they did a different test entirely - according to them.

I know it makes zero sense to me too.  But that's about the size of it.

I don't even know if I can follow myself here but... they actually did do something with a test but  it's not like I had what they charged me for, even I knew that.  And of course insurance knew that and spit the bill back out and said, Hey she didn't have any air put in her rear tire or antifreeze added to her thingamabob and there was certainly no swabbing of her poop deck - She would remember that. ( It was a pap smear. ) So get stuffed and here's your bill back.

Problem is the lab sends me a statement that said, OUR COLLECTION DEPARTMENT WANTS THE MONEY ANYWAY SO TOUGH TOENAILS.

And so I call the lab company and say, Didn't you notice you were doing a pap smear when you charged me for, Um what did you charge me for anyway?

NOT OUR PROBLEM, GIRLY. (I'm paraphrasing here...)

Well, I continued politely as the handle of my imaginary axe cracks in two,  if you weren't looking for pappy girly cells what were you looking for?

We don't give patients results. So shut up and pay up, Girly. (Again,  paraphrasing)

I finally just called the Doctor's office who said they knew what the lab did and would fix it,  Actually they said, They did wh-AAAAAAT? No way. Get the front door outta here!  What  is wrong with them?  (Okay yes- Paraphrase)

And a 2... in a little while I'm surrendering my kitchen to teen-agers to cook what ever they want to. What do you think?

Babes Mami 8/4/10, 3:08 PM

I think you might starve.

Also, I get to call on Babes insurance to switch it to another plan tomorrow...blog post? Maybe. Rage? For sure.

Vonlipi 8/4/10, 4:49 PM

Funny the way you tell the story but I'm sure it was a hair puller of a day!

Will those teenagers clean the kitchen after, they should because I don't think Yoda is involved this time...And they should definitely feed you!

Maureen 8/4/10, 7:27 PM

Although a rare occurrence, I always cringe when one of my kids wants to cook.

I've been living here for 11 years and I still don't understand all the health bill BS. I guess it comes partially from never having seen one before and even more from their nonsense.

Lin 8/4/10, 10:33 PM

Isn't it crazy the billing methods???! I can't wait to get old and really not understand a bit of it.

Da Dude 8/5/10, 7:59 AM

What do I think? Well.... I'd get a bag of dog poop, put it on the lab's doorstep, light it on fire and ring the bell. Oh, don't forget to run. Umm.. In my case I'd waddle away fast.

imelda 8/5/10, 10:36 AM

i feel you sis. hope you feel better now

suzieQ 8/5/10, 10:41 AM

What always slays me is the fact that I consider myself a fairly intelligent individual; and I have trouble understanding billing, insurance gobblidigook, etc.

Unfortunately, as we all know, they don't want us to understand, they want us to throw our hands up, give up and pay.
Whatever happened to doing the right thing? Whatever happened to the golden rule?

Now, letting a mess of teens cook whatever they want shows what a giving person you are. Not getting them to promise to CLEAN UP too, shows you are a bit crazy in the head...just saying.

Theres just life 8/6/10, 2:19 AM

I would tell them. Prove you did the test then I'll pay for it. They can threaten all they want. But here is an insiders tip on credit reports. If it is a medical bill most people don't count it because of screw ups like this. If you dispute it, it has to be taken off until it is proved good. Tell them to make sure they know a man hole from the sewer and straighten it out. Or forget getting paid by anyone.