The Crazy Suburban Mom: Herding Puppies...

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Herding Puppies...

Ginger's only  tolerated two dogs (ever) without hair-up growling aggression.  One was a Chihuahua named Coco Lopez and one a Dachshund named Max.

People around here cross the street when they see her coming.  And I'm talking, the owners of big dogs - Mastiffs... Rhodesian Ridgebacks... The yellow lab across the street hates her and think about it - When was the last time you heard of a yellow lab hating anything?

I  figured the thing about Coco Lopez and Max was they were smaller then Ginger.  (Or shorter in the case of Max.)    As a ten pound dog Ginger doesn't have much opportunity to be the big dog.

I don't get to test out my theory much because no one wants their dog around Ginger but my kid brought Izzy for a visit last night...

Izzy must weigh, what? Three pounds?  For a dog like Ginger that sits at the window waiting to act the (very loud) fool the second she sees a dog.  Any dog.  Or a newspaper blowing down the street that resembles a dog.    C'mon.  This is crazy amazing!

izzy

Meet Izzy, she's 10 weeks old.

izzy3

She belongs to my kid's friends Grandma.    She's totally making me want a Chihuahua.  Again.  It happens every few years.  I go back and forth.  Chihuahua.  Doberman.  Chihuahua.  Dobie.

With the exception of one quick yappy/yelpy fracas over a muffin it went great.  Which makes Ginger's vote:

Chihuahua.

Maureen 8/14/10, 12:14 PM

So are you gonna get one?

Babes Mami 8/14/10, 4:55 PM

The little puppy wanted her to play! Too cute!

The Crazy Suburban Mom 8/14/10, 5:24 PM

Oh man, I want one so bad now. I keep thinking well I could get a big dog but a puppy that would be smaller then Ginger and by the time it was bigger she'd be used to it but there aren't even many puppies smaller then her that are old enough to go home - if they grow up to be like, dobermans.

Or this adorable pit bull rottweiler puppy I met a few weeks ago, named Bella.

Lin 8/14/10, 10:46 PM

Ginger didn't get mad because she couldn't see that darn thing zipping past her! That was hilarious! Do you think Ginger would like another dog or would that just make the whole Doody rug thing worse??

RussVintage 8/15/10, 8:23 AM

Ginger may get really jealous if you get another dog. Come and visit if your small enough, but don't stay.

My Realitty 8/16/10, 12:31 PM

Ha ha Love the name of your blog! CM aka Lefty

Gabriele Agustini 8/16/10, 12:57 PM

I LOVE this post!!
I can almost smell that adorable puppy! That great 'puppy smell'.

The video made me laugh! Too funny!
So did Ginger, barking at the blowing newspaper. Ha!

I bought myself one of those 'relaxation' tapes a long time ago and there was a frog croaking-
well, every time he did, my Cocker Spaniel would bark his brains out!!
So much for relaxation.