The Crazy Suburban Mom: The ghost of doodys past

Hobonichi Cousin Planner in my Filofax

Monday, August 2, 2010

The ghost of doodys past

Ginger hasn't been feeling well the last five days or so.  She's not a high energy gal, never  has been but she's laying around more then usual.

I chalked it up to her age of at or over sweet sixteen.

ginger

But it's more then that, her tummy's been a mess.  Usually her stomachs very predictable with the exception of the days the lawn guys come and times she's left alone longer then she thinks she ought.

She gets the same home cooked diet day in, day out and she's done great for years but lately the doody rug....

doodyrug

OHMYGOD, the doody rug.

Over the last few days I've been both horrified by and grateful for the doody rug.

But now, now it's got to go because there is no way I can ever eat with my feet touching that thing.

For whatever reason Ginger's mix of food is no longer working for her in a hellacious exploding (and coincidentally) doody rug-colored way.  I tried what's worked in the past;  holding food for 24 hours and slowly reintroducing, but no.

Hell to the no.

Finally she's improving with boiled ground lamb, rice, and farmer cheese.  I know that because I haven't experienced the squish of doody-rug colored piles between my toes in 24 hours, so Yay! for real.

And she just pooped outside.  Actually made it OUTSIDE the house off the deck and onto THE LAWN.

But the doody rug has got to go. It's leaving today. I don't know if that means she will pick another rug and I have rugs all over.  I don't even care, I will deal with that if it comes up.

But I can't live with the ghosts of doodys past that live in every fiber of that rug so....

rug

RIP Doody rug.

Subscribe and don't miss a crazy suburban word

Amy 8/2/10, 9:54 AM

Maybe go with no rug for awhile? Easier clean up and harder to miss the doody piles. Doody rug...tee-hee...love the name!

The Crazy Suburban Mom 8/2/10, 10:01 AM

Amy, that's exactly what I'm going to do! I never replaced it because I figured she'd just poop on the next rug and I'd just have son of doody rug. So I'm leave it with the floor - no rug!

Vonlipi 8/2/10, 10:08 AM

I hope Ginger feels better fast! So long doody rug you had a full life!

I have a constipated cat and when he finally gets the urge to go...he goes anywhere...on a small rug usually. Some days I have to wash all the little rugs at once!

Doody ruglets!

The Crazy Suburban Mom 8/2/10, 10:11 AM

Miss V, yeah I know that story too. Thats why I just had to replace the rug at my front door. And that one is washable. The big one I replaced was a large 'rug clean' rug.. professionally clean rug that wasnt worth the price of professional cleaning.

Christy 8/2/10, 11:29 AM

Love the pups ears in the close up photo. So cute!

Maureen 8/2/10, 12:29 PM

Poor puppy! And you too! Not fun.

Irene 8/2/10, 4:03 PM

aw....hope Ginger continues to feel better. RIP doody rug!!

Theres just life 8/2/10, 6:01 PM

Hope Ginger is feeling better. Living with dogs I know the problem. You hate to get mad at them because it really wasn't their fault (if they don't feel good, that is) If you yell at them it just makes them feel worse than they already do.

Janiss 8/3/10, 1:43 AM

Poor Ginger! (Not to mention poor you and poor rugs!) I hope your latest concoction keeps working for her.

ladyjanewriter 8/3/10, 3:08 AM

My neighbor's kitty also has had the same problem *ahem* - have you tried pumpkin mixed in with wet food? Not the pumpkin pie pumpkin, but unseasoned. I also hear adding sweet potato works.

And, at least it's not wall-to-wall carpet.

OLLIE MCKAY'S ~ A Chic Boutique 8/3/10, 8:07 AM

Ahhhhh.......Ginger you look like a a young Pup ~ You go Girl (Well don't really "Go", of course there's that Doooy Rug?????) :))