The Crazy Suburban Mom: Don't steal their fruit on Retro Tuesday

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Don't steal their fruit on Retro Tuesday

This morning I thought I'd take a break from my head cold  (Or bronchitis or whatever it is.  My son calls it, Mommy got hit with a meteor.  I just call it coughing through Vaseline.)  and do Retro Tuesday because I need to clear my head at least figuratively.

I must have gone through ten or so magazines before this article on how to be a popular teen - with 142 suggestions by teens - caught my eye...

how to be popular1

and I started to laugh which was bad because now I was all hacking and wheezing and germing up the joint again but oh what a time I had!  And it made me want to share the article for Retro Tuesday so if you were ever wondering how the heck to be popular...

how to be popular

I'm going to show you.

how to be popular1

And imagine the visual of going to High School after reading this and announcing, EVERYONE! CALL ME ATOM AND I WILL NO LONGER STEAL YOUR FRUIT!

Here are some small clickable images

Go through them..

I'm feeling seriously normal at the moment.

Simply because this stuff would never occur to me. And I find that comforting for some reason.

how to be popular2

Want to link up with me for Retro Tuesday?
retrotuesay stamp
Put a link in your blog, email me and I'll put your link under this post!

Vonlipi's Favorites
Colorado Lady

Jesser 8/17/10, 9:49 AM

Dang. If I'd only read this BEFORE high school. *sigh* all those lost years. ;)

Lynette 8/17/10, 10:52 AM

LOL It is funny what some think will make you COOL....Dang I was always happiest when they did not notice me? Ok, TMI....
Sorry your feeling bad. Hate those times. Here is to good health for you.....and maybe you need to steal an Apple after all.....you know what they say. An Apple a day keeps the DR away.

Maureen 8/17/10, 10:55 AM

OMG! OMG! OMG! Beyond ludicrous. No, seriously!! When is this from?

Gabriele Agustini 8/17/10, 10:58 AM

How awesome that you haven't lost your sense of humor, snot and all!!

Feel better soon!!

Hugs,
gabriele

Babes Mami 8/17/10, 11:00 AM

This explains it all!! I wish I had known not to steal fruit and not to yak too much and of course! ham and eggs behind the ears!

I still need to look at that youtube link, I will email you after. For now, I'm headed to a nap...I'm being 'mean mommy' and hoping to reset myself.

Christy 8/17/10, 11:00 AM

Lol, hear ye hear ye, I vow to never steal your fruit!

LivewithFlair 8/17/10, 1:06 PM

I'm just laughing so hard right now! THANK YOU!

Malia 8/17/10, 1:33 PM

And to think Chanel never picked up on the eggs & ham perfume craze?

Lidian 8/17/10, 4:19 PM

I knew I was doing something wrong back when I was a teenager ;)

ladyjanewriter 8/17/10, 6:48 PM

I still think someone needs to work on the bbq ribs perfume.

Awe, I had the exact same cold I think. The only thing that worked was Hot Toddies and wearing one of those bird flu masks in public. I donno if it was a mild case of pneumonia or what it was?

BOOZE + tea (optional) + honey or maple syrup + lemon = RELIEF. Seriously, the cough syrup doesn't cut thru it, but the alcohol does.

Friend of mine recommended Old Granddad, but I found Captain Morgan or Southern Comfort worked equally well. Just so's long as it's tasty, and BOOZE.*

*Suggestion not suitable for recovering alcoholics. For anyone dealing with that, disregard the booze and go for hot tea with lemon and honey.

J Sedai 8/17/10, 7:32 PM

this is hilarious!

in my house to cut thru the crud we drink "dragon juice". in a 16-20 ounce water bottle mix 1/2 cup honey, 3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/2 tsp Cyan pepper, 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger, fill the rest of the way with water, shake, take a few sips every 30 min or so. it's spicy and acidic enough to cut thru the crud and the honey makes it sweet enough to choke down. A lady from church gave me this 4-5 years ago, and we've been using it ever since.

Cheryl M. 8/18/10, 11:49 AM

This post is just hysterical! Makes me think of my mom and dad when they were of dating age in the 60s!

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well...I keep a Vicks Vaporizer on hand - there's oil you can put in it that will really help clear you up.

lee 8/19/10, 11:38 AM

i love the ways to be popular! so i should have just followed these tips in high school instead of "putting out"? dang, imagine the grass stains i could have avoided!

Tara Beaulieu 8/19/10, 4:23 PM

LMAO- Actually, my husband would probably never take his hands off me if I smelled of ham and eggs. ;)

Renee' 8/20/10, 12:16 AM

That I did not expect. Awesome stuff.

I have a teen and I often steal her fruit.

Shame on me!