The Crazy Suburban Mom: Did you get the liscense plate on the meteor?

Monday, August 16, 2010

Did you get the liscense plate on the meteor?

My son put it best yesterday:

I get a cold, you get hit with a meteor.

He said that as he dropped off the Puffs Tissues I requested and left the room quickly so I didn't cough or sneeze or otherwise scatter random crummy on him.

I don't know what happened.  I lost about 36 hours in a haze of coughing and tissues with my nose turning into Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer's Mother dressed up as a Maraschino Cherry for Halloween plus everyone avoiding me. It's like Izzy was just here and life was fun and puppified and the next thing I know I'm sick, really sick.

Flat on my back shivering cold then hot then cold.  Prisoner to the television because I'm not holding the remote and I don't have the energy to move like, an eyeball to look for it so I watched an entire season of Kourtney and Khole take Miami because for some inexplicable reason the whole season being on E! coincided with my inability to shut it off . And man.  Thinking back on what I endured, I mean... That bikini wax alone.

This morning the haze parted enough for me to want soup. Just want it.  For the last two days all I wanted with regards to food was to not toss any and even though I hadn't eaten I felt like my digestive tract might be able to scrape up something to hurl so I didn't even entertain food.

Still haven't eaten any but I did make some chicken soup for later if I'm feeling confident.

The other way I know I'm really sick is I just took expired Muscinex.  I don't do expired stuff. It's a huge OCD thing.  It's more then a preference.  I don't do expired in any form Not food, not even body lotion...  And certainly not drugs.  In fact I throw drugs away when they are nearing the expiration date but this morning it would have meant actually leaving the house, walking through the aisles with my face looking the way it does.  Feeling the way I do.  Coughing the way I am.

Just couldn't do it.

Lindalou 8/16/10, 2:02 PM

I hope you feel better soon. This disease travelled through my daugher's family a few weeks back. It has a long gestation period, so you won't know who you infected for 3-5 days. The good news...it didn't travel beyond the 4 of them.

The Crazy Suburban Mom 8/16/10, 2:11 PM

It's so weird, I thought I was getting a cold the week before but didn't - then my kid had a cold right before I got this and is still finishing up his cold. But this he doesn't have. He feels bad and thinks he gave it to me, but this isn't what he has...

wow

RE - RecycledFrockery 8/16/10, 2:26 PM

awwww sweetie, you sound sick. anybody who's forced to watch an episode of khloe and whatever her sister is named must be hurling immediately. and then you had the nerve to watch the bikini wax .. Whattttt.. co'mon girl, you know you can't help but hurl after witnessing something as inherently evil as a bikini wax. hey - You REST. No More TEEVEE Says Dr RE. and yes I am a doctor but I don't play one on tv thank god..
(side-eye) remember Asprin for the Fever, Zinc for the Cellular healing and Vitamin C to fight the white blood cell production of mucus. got it ? if not holla @ me. it's a formula and it works.

and most importantly FEEL MUCH BETTER MY CRAZY Suburban BLOGGING BUDDY.

The Crazy Suburban Mom 8/16/10, 3:05 PM

Recycled, sigh you're so right about TV. - The whole bronchitis thing is not foreign to me this time of year but it usually takes its sweet time and I can see it coming. It's odd, it's like the 'cold' part and the chest part happened at the same time - which makes me think - not cold. I'm going to give the muscinex a bit of time but not much because I have asthma and I'm inhalerless (they expired, of course). Got all the stuff you suggested and will definitely do that. I'm still taking zicam because, well hope springs eternal - did you mean that for zinc or the vitamin kind?

Jennifer is Always Sick 8/16/10, 3:20 PM

I'm miserable today as well. When my allergies act up, it's like I can't function. And also hate being in public when I'm sick. My husband asked if I wanted to go to Chilis later if I'm still feeling sick...apparently, so I wouldn't have to cool dinner. My response: I don't want to be in a restaurant while I'm ill.

I know a lot of women who are able to tough it out through an illness, but I'm not that person. Bring on the meds, the bed, and the box of tissues. Leave me alone...it's going to be a long day.

Hope you're feeling better.

Babes Mami 8/16/10, 4:08 PM

Stop hogging the blankets and where's the remote?

Nikki Cupcake 8/16/10, 5:22 PM

eh i'm way sick today too AND it's my son's first birthday ;(

but @ least you can take something for it because i can't

Gabriele Agustini 8/16/10, 6:30 PM

Feel better, you poor girl!

You may have lost your lunch, but not your sense of humor!

Hugs,

gabriele

Christina 8/16/10, 7:30 PM

It nice to know I not the only one who is obsessed with expiration dates. I have to admit, Muscinex rocks. Hope you feel better soon.

Vonlipi 8/16/10, 8:09 PM

Take care my sick friend! Cuddle up with Ginger and have some of that soup!

Theres just life 8/16/10, 10:40 PM

Okay so I didn't know you could catch a cold over the internet. But I have got one too. I hate summer colds, you are already hot because of the weather then add a fever on top of it.
You don't want to catch a chill but you don't want to feel like you are living in Hades either.
Get well, soon.
And RE thanks for leaving the tip I think I'll follow it too. Couldn't hurt.

Lin 8/16/10, 11:09 PM

Oh, gees, pally! I hope you are feeling better tonight. Summer colds are the WORST! If it is any consolation, I think those expiration dates allow for time sitting on shelves in dark medicine cabinets. I think they KNOW people are still gonna use them regardless of dates. I think you will live--even if you don't want to at this point.

Tara Beaulieu 8/18/10, 8:05 PM

Awww, Tracy! Ewww! Now it's my turn to send you ((((((hugs)))))) Although I'm doing it with gloves and a mask on. ;) Keep your germies in NJ, pretty please?

ps- I went sea glass hunting for the first time in ages yesterday. 5 minutes turned up several cobalt blues, aquas and even a little red! I'll post pics later in the week, maybe you'll be feeling well enough to stop over and drool a little. *mwah!*