The Crazy Suburban Mom: Cluck

Monday, August 23, 2010

Cluck

So life's going well and SLAM! The hostess from the restaurant of life barrels in, Stress? Party of two.

And the next thing you know you're sick as a dog and your dog, well your dog really is sick as a dog.  And it all falls apart from there.

At the end of the week (week!) you've lost eight pounds and you can't quite grasp that so you know it's somewhere in your house and,  oh.  Your house. Well, your house is what my kid and his friends used to say in high school because they couldn't say the other thing.

A fuster cluck.

So yeah,  your house is just a major cluck which is such a shame because it was just so clean but at least it's hiding that eight pounds you just lost.  Somewhere.  In a pile of laundry maybe?  Or a dish on the coffee table?

Or maybe that eight pounds is in those socks on the stairs?   I don't know where the eight pounds I lost is but if I clean up and I find it do you think it will latch itself back onto my ass?

PS - Ginger is much better and thank you everyone.  I gave her a kiss for every comment I got about her!

Ginger resting her paw

Lin 8/23/10, 11:02 AM

Whew! I sure was worried about my pally, Ginger! Oh, your 8 lbs?? They are on my ass. Thanks a lot.

Christy 8/23/10, 11:26 AM

Very happy Ginger is feeling better!

Babes Mami 8/23/10, 1:03 PM

I'm glad Ginger is better!

Don't find the pounds, let them stay gone!

RainGardener 8/23/10, 1:12 PM

I hope you don't find that weight - I lost a few too and sure don't want to find mine. ;-) Sorry your doggy was sick, could be he ate something outside that didn't agree with him. Mine have done that before.
Those steroids should knock whatever is ailing ya right out of your body but ohhhhhhh don't ya just hate taking them? I know I do. Cause then ya want to eat everything in site and we somehow find those missing pounds again. ;-(

Maureen 8/23/10, 1:14 PM

In my world that would be a bonus!

Tara Beaulieu 8/23/10, 1:33 PM

LOL, I'm sorry for laughing. I just love that you can make me bust out a smile with your misery. ;) Oh and I think your missing lb's multiplied. Not only did they attack Lin's ass, they latched onto my arm flaps too.

sigh.

ladyjanewriter 8/23/10, 1:36 PM

Maybe the pounds got chucked out with the doody rug? I hope you can get well asap, or at least just plain get well.

Lynette 8/23/10, 4:23 PM

Ginger chased those 8lbs out the door....so don't look for them anymore.

Good Ginger!

J Sedai 8/23/10, 6:21 PM

don't question the 8lbs too much, if they hear you calling they'll come back, and bring friends.

I'd maybe see if you could talk some of those "kids" into helping to spruce up the place a bit while you're under the weather. just you know basic stuff, dishes, laundry, lighty tidying, so that when you're well it's not so much of a cluck but more of a chirp? just remind them that you let them take over your kitchen a while back.

and I'm SO glad Ginger is doing better!!

Theres just life 8/23/10, 7:10 PM

Don't worry everything will be back on track soon.
Oh and those 8 lbs., I saw them in the refrigerator waiting to ambush you. They were hiding behind the butter dish. Be very careful.

Mom 8/23/10, 8:49 PM

Wow, 8 pounds is great. Sorry about the manner in which you lost them though, because that part sucks. Hope Ginger is doing well. Such a pretty girl!

Life...EXAGGERATED

@eloh 8/24/10, 12:38 AM

You could sell your used tissues...I'd buy some.... what's about 80 pounds.... I'll take ten used tissues please.

Gabriele Agustini 8/24/10, 8:06 AM

Usually the only people that lose 8 lbs. that fast, are the skinny folks that shouldn't be losing.
So... now I hate you.
(Kidding:)

I'm glad that you and my favorite dog are feeling better, but whatever you do, don't wear yourself out cleaning-house, or you'll be right back in bed!!

Glad things are looking up for you two!

A little joke from Art Linkletter's kid book.
(As best as I can remember it.)
Kid: Mom, is it true that people are made from dust and when they die they turn to dust?
Mom: Yes.
Kid: Well come look under my bed. Somebody's either coming or going.

Have a great week!!

Jabacue 8/24/10, 9:26 AM

I think I like you!
New here and looking forward to more 'fusters'. Your buddy Vonlipi recommended you.
Jim

Rae Ann 8/25/10, 11:44 AM

I am adding 'fuster cluck' to my vernacular IMMEDIATELY! Love that! Glad Ginger is feeling better!