The Crazy Suburban Mom: Third weekend round up in an hour...

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Third weekend round up in an hour...

So a few minutes ago I say things are getting better and I post a picture of my dining room and I'm happy, so happy. I mean, I'm whistle while I work call me a Seven Dwarf happy.

Any way I walk past my front door and say, Yo that area rug needs a good 'cuum ...  So I go get the vacuum and pull the rug up to get what ever's been living under that thing for the year and OH!

030

COME ON.   SERIOUSLY?

The rug pad is stuck to and now part of the wood floor.

I need a bag of  doodles because the only thing that will ease my pain is something extremely crunchy, day glo orange and really bad for me.

Irene 7/25/10, 12:09 PM

aw, I will send you a bag iear of you for having immediately! I have been following your progress, and I gotta say I both admire you and am in fear of you for having the guts to do what I should be doing with my house!!

Vonlipi 7/25/10, 12:55 PM

That always happens!

I read the post and the comment that Geneen Roth has left and your response. I started to feel the tears falling.

This has been a crazy introspective week. I'm tired of all those feelings, I'm feeling...

Maureen 7/25/10, 1:10 PM

Just keep on whistling and then it won't seem so bad!

John 7/25/10, 2:19 PM

Keep smile for your homework :)

Babes Mami 7/25/10, 3:04 PM

Ohhhh man, it's always something! I get to do a deep 'company is coming' clean tomorrow, people are coming in to town for a few days.

Sorry I didn't email you back right away, I've been TIRED!

Mommying On The Fly 7/25/10, 3:08 PM

OH MAN!!! THAT SUX!!! Hope the snack made it better.. will send another bag your way asap... BTW.. We used ZIPPO Lighter fluid to get all the crud off our wood floor.. put some on a rag and gently rubbed till all the poop the rug liner left was gone.. hope you were able to clear w/minimal damage..

The Crazy Suburban Mom 7/25/10, 3:25 PM

Irene - I wish I started earlier is all I can say. Maybe it wouldnt be sooooooo big. wow

Miss V - I know, those feelings right? Its some book is all I can say and that comment was just - I don't know. I started a post about that comment several times and then just let it go. It was too deep to go there.

Maureen - oh, lol... I'll try that!

Babes - Company cleaning, I hear that! No problem about emails ever. I've been so bad about even comments... with this mess going on

Mommying - I know. I just couldnt even believe it. So far I'm just staring at it

suzieQ 7/25/10, 5:41 PM

I have never tried Goo Gone on a mess like that, but my son's walls were an absolute mess and we were able to get every kind of stickiness off using Goo Gone. It works on labels and any tag that I have ever had on anything I've bought. And now, I am going to really sound like a commercial because: it has a lovely orange scent! It smells just like oranges and cleans any sticky residue. So girl, go buy some to have on hand for when you buy something and you can't get all the price tag off. I will bet you the cost of Goo Gone, that it will take that mess off too.
Good luck!

Lidian 7/25/10, 6:20 PM

Oh, ugh...I feel your pain. I have bits of dried spray-on sunblock - applied at the front door in the early 2000s - that despite my best efforts (which admittedly, are not great, but still...) will never, ever come off. Sigh. We put a runner over it in the end. What can I say, I am lazy ;)

Theres just life 7/25/10, 10:34 PM

I would have to habe the doodles and nacho cheese chips on that one. A long with a good cry. Then go out a buy a new rug to cover it up.

Julia 7/26/10, 12:08 AM

Don't even look under my front door rug. SOmething might eat you from below.

Just kidding.

Maybe not...

Christy 7/26/10, 9:18 AM

Man, I hate when something that is meant to be helpful ends up causing sticky trouble. Doodles aren't so bad, they are mostly air anyway. :)

Aunt Becky 7/26/10, 12:33 PM

I don't know what doodles are, but I think I need some. NOW.

The Crazy Suburban Mom 7/26/10, 1:27 PM

becky - cheese doodles, silly. LOL the extra crunchy ones that dye your hands prison jumpsuit orange :)