The Crazy Suburban Mom: Perfection gives me a rash...

Hobonichi Cousin Planner

Friday, July 2, 2010

Perfection gives me a rash...

Over the last few days I've been posting pictures of all these dreadful, scary cluttered, places around here like this and this .

Especially this awful thing.

008

I woke up this morning and had at that book case.

001

Not perfect but perfection gives me a rash.

That's all I got for a post today because  reaching semi-perfection was so satisfying - and kicking up all that dust hardly bothered my asthma at all.

Well, nothing that a bit of wheezing, retching and gagging didn't take care of - So I'm off to don my haz-mat suit, jump in my Hello Kitty backhoe and clean something else but  I have to show you something first.

002

Girls,  this is my living room, right now.  This second.

So see?  There are places in my house where Ginger can go and I won't lose her; which I'm sure many of you wondered.

I felt the need to clear that up.

Go HERE to enter a giveaway for $150 shopping spree
It's ending soon.

Grace 7/2/10, 11:22 AM

It looks lovely - that pantry will be in ship=shape order in no time. It really didn't take as long as you thought, that bookcase, did it? And I so hate so sound like a Mommy - but if you just tidy a little bit every day, you know just as you are passing through a room, it will always neat.

Have a great weekend

Maureen 7/2/10, 11:45 AM

Perfection gives me a rash too! It's taken me a lifetime to get over it!

Love the new header blurb!

Debbie 7/2/10, 12:20 PM

I think semi-perfection works just fine thankyouverymuch. Now go and put your feet up.

More Milestones 7/2/10, 12:24 PM

I'd like to borrow whatever it is you're taking to get me off my bum to do some cleaning too. ((hugs))

Debbie 7/2/10, 4:04 PM

That bookcase would have bothered me too. Fortunately, my youngest likes a tidy bookcase too so I can count on him to help me with this endeavor!

B Boys Mom 7/2/10, 4:21 PM

Your bookshelf and living room look just awesome. Great job.

Christina 7/2/10, 5:28 PM

Lovely improvement!

Tara Beaulieu 7/3/10, 12:01 PM

LOL, Tracy, I know all the hard work you put in on your kitchen, the hallway and your son's room already. I know those were the BEFORE photos. I know how much progress you've made- you're doing awesome!

BTW, your white lamp is awesome and should come live at my house. ;)

J Sedai 7/4/10, 11:21 PM

the book shelf and the living room are FANTASTIC! I'm sure the pantry will get there, if you do it all at once you get burned out and don't finish things! and we all have our problem areas in our houses!