The Crazy Suburban Mom: Office supplies, oh how I love thee....

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Office supplies, oh how I love thee....

I want a new planner.  I've tried the electronic ones but I always come back to paper.  I'll bet I've had twenty different ones over the years because I am forever searching for the perfect one.

It's a lot like my search for the perfect purse now that I think about it.

I was just surfing and I can't find one I would buy.   That's a lie,  I saw several I'd totally buy but would someone tell me when sparkly pink planners started costing more then $100, please?

And not just the magical glitter ones, even the ugly shoe bottom ones and all the ones that look like they might last through the winter are over $100.

And I want to get the 5" x 8" size because I use a giant it'll hurt you if you fill it purse but they are even more and I mean... a hundred bucks?  I don't even have that much to spend on my hair in a whole year.  Not that my hair looks that good most of the time but just sayin'...

And while I'm at it I might as well admit my love for pens.  I'm that person in the pen store at the mall they have to wipe the counters after.  They hate me in those stores.

I'm a drooler.

My addiction to office supplies is going to be the death of my budget and my undoing some day, I tell you.

Babes Mami 7/14/10, 10:26 AM

I wonder more and more if we are meant to be! I LOVE office supplies, I spend days in the stationary and love that you can coordinate your folders to your paper clips to your pens. I loved going school supply shopping because of all the brand new things. I told Chris we needed a home office to pay bills and address things, we pay bills online but I just want a space to go and relax among the smell of fresh paper and ink.

Lidian 7/14/10, 11:32 AM

I love office supplies too - notebooks, pens, the whole lot.

Amy 7/14/10, 11:34 AM

I think we might be soulmates. My addiction to office supplies is just plain scary. I can spend hours in Staples, just wandering the aisles thinking about how I can use this or that. I have pretty binders and pretty folders and pens and pencils and all sorts of other office supplies spilling out of the closet in the office, and my desk at school is also overflowing with them. Ahhhh...office supplies!

Pollyanna 7/14/10, 11:36 AM

I can spend hours in an office supply store. Pretty paper clips? I must have them. D-ring Binders? Sign me up. Those pretty acrylic cubes? I'm sure I can find something to store in them. Sad, sad, sad.

The Crazy Suburban Mom 7/14/10, 11:53 AM

I KNOW. It's awful for me too. And really I have it bad for more then pens and planners. I'm like you guys - put me in an office store and it's Tiffany's man.

I totally agree about the fun paper clips and all that stuff. And colored files, omg. Espeically the ones with designs. And sticker things... and did you know post-its has tons of shapes and sizes now?

I got it bad

Maureen 7/14/10, 1:06 PM

And I thought it was just me...haha!

Lin 7/14/10, 4:48 PM

I'm with you on this one, pally. Ooooh, I love me an office supply catalog! I love notebooks and pens that write all dreamy-like. I love organizers and planners of all sizes.

And I think what I love about writing in those planners is the ability to scratch your accomplishments off the list when you do them. And there is some real satisfaction to seeing all those very important things scratched off your calendar with one glance. It makes me proud of me. :)

Tricia 7/14/10, 5:36 PM

Oh yes! Paper is so much nicer than electronic. I love the planner that Katherine Heigl carries in the movie "27 Dresses," with all of its notes and swatches attached.

Theres just life 7/14/10, 11:57 PM

I'm just as bad. I will get lost for an hour on the office supply aisle at Walmart. If I go to Office Depot or some place like that I'm luck if I'm not locked in overnight.

Jannie Funster 7/17/10, 12:39 AM

Donuts or office supplies? Office supplies!! The mere smell of those places sends me into a tizzy of joyous frenzy! All that virgin paper! Rows and rows of pens, clips and possibllity.

JuStBe 7/19/10, 11:52 AM

Try shopping for cheap office supplies online then decorating your own office supplies to what you feel fits you best. It will cost you much less than $100 for the glittery pink planner you so desire.