The Crazy Suburban Mom: Let's go to a kitchen happy place on Retro Tuesday

Hobonichi Cousin Planner in my Filofax

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let's go to a kitchen happy place on Retro Tuesday

Not my kitchen with the evil pantry...

011

This kitchen.

pinkkitchen

A pink kitchen. A magical kitchen....

A lovely clean kitchen of light and wonder.  A kitchen where all things are possible and everything fits.

Because in here there is no magic and wonder.

009

And the only way to get this bulging puppy shut is  for the closet to lay down to zip it's jeans.  Sorry,  old personal zipper traumas showing...

I have to work on it today because I have to fit more stuff in there.   Yes.  It's true.  I now have twice the stuff.

Cover me ladies, I'm going in.

Russ 7/6/10, 8:01 AM

All I can say is have fun trying.If we don't hear from you we will call 911.

heidi 7/6/10, 8:29 AM

a titty pink kitchen?! i LOVE it!

Vonlipi 7/6/10, 8:36 AM

Don't forget to check the expiration dates! If you find non perishables you don't use very often you could send some to food banks.

No,no I'm not trying to steal food from your mouth. Just trying to help a friend.

P.S: you have a lot of Ziploc bags!lol.

Six Feet Under Blog 7/6/10, 10:15 AM

Lol. Too funny. Good luck!

3 Including Me... 7/6/10, 10:35 AM

Good Luck... thats what I did all weekend,cleaned out, but with my garage, now I have so much extra stuff, I have decided to do a garage sale! Why on earth would I do that!(maybe temporary insanity) May the force be with you! :)

Debbie 7/6/10, 12:32 PM

Have fun!! And loved the jeans reference. I am transported right back to my Calvin Klein jeans and I have to wonder why I ever thought it was a good idea to have jeans that could only be zipped up by lying on the floor and sucking in my stomach.

Babes Mami 7/6/10, 4:06 PM

Good luck chick!

Mimi 7/6/10, 5:09 PM

The Pink Kitchen! I dream about it nightly!

The Crazy Suburban Mom 7/6/10, 5:17 PM

Hey guys! Bloggers been putting up comments in dribs and drabs - the heat must be getting to them too. It's a frosty 103 degrees at 5 in the afternoon - I kid you not!

As to expired stuff. No no no! I am a nut about expired stuff! I frequently take expired stuff to customer service counters at the grocery store that I find on their shelves. And always check - that's me getting the coffee creamer way in the back.

Lynette 7/6/10, 5:34 PM

I wanna the pink kitchen!
But since I don't have it I will send my OCD fairy over to help you right away with the pantry.

Lin 7/6/10, 8:53 PM

I'm coming over......

Tara Beaulieu 7/6/10, 10:19 PM

Go Tracy, go! I am waiting with baited breath to see a progress photo soon. I have 2 junk drawers, a plasticware cupboard, two pots and pans cupboards and an extraneous appliances cupboard that collectively look like the local transfer station threw up into them.

Shhhhh. You go first, I'll follow.

Sheri 7/6/10, 10:32 PM

Hope it went well! I cleaned out my fridge and pantry a few weeks ago, and while it was a big job, I felt GREAT when it was done. Of course, they're getting messy again...

sandy petals 7/10/10, 11:08 PM

You are braver than I. I just think about the pantry needing to be done and talk myself out of it.