The Crazy Suburban Mom: Weekend round-up, lefts, rights, toothless grins, and the scrotum tree

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Weekend round-up, lefts, rights, toothless grins, and the scrotum tree

1.  Pandora.  Don't want to talk about Pandora.

2. My family's right about lefts.

turn

When I'm driving I almost never make a left turn without a traffic signal.

Cause, Uh Ma you turn right, than right and right like a million times and sometimes go into a driveway and turn around to get to the direction you should have been going like ten minutes ago.

Yeah.  So what's your point?

3.  My family is right about my inability to leave the furniture alone.  They were gone from Thursday afternoon until 11:00 last night and I changed around the living room.  And I didn't even notice until just now.

4.  I want a new purse.  I don't need a new purse.  I can't afford a new purse.  What is it about purses that screams, JUST ONE MORE!

5.  Ginger was SO happy it was 85 degrees yesterday!   She loves sitting in the hot, hot summer sun. She always has but I think as she's gotten older she loves it even more. She smiles huge. No kidding.

popcornfeet1

There's two teeth and a whole lotta huge happy in that grin.

6.  The scrotum tree.  Don't know if you remember back in April I posted (here) and asked if anyone knew what the real name for the scrotum tree was?

012

I called it this cause of these...

012

seed pods, I guess..

It's a sycamore.

dddiva 5/22/10, 11:57 AM

I am in love with Ginger- give her a good nuzzle, wouldja please? Such a beautiful baby.

Purses- well no, purses are not wants they are NEEDS- they just are. And well, they really give us the ability to show the world what we're feeling that day. Plus, hello, cute is NEVER wrong.

Haha on the furniture I used to do that to them all the time. Getting sick pretty much cured that. All in all they'd rather I had kept rearranging, so I don't advise getting sick. ;)

Ken won't make a left either if he can help it. Don't get the phenomena myself. *shrug*

Hahahahaha the scrotum tree- all I can say is better you than me- how do you get anything done when you are laughing so hard? I'd be pointing it out to EVERYONE.

Maureen 5/22/10, 1:24 PM

I'm an oddball I guess - purses drive me crazy. I buy one that I think might work. Use it for a day or two and return it. A few months ago I bought a new one because the one I had was really looking like crap. I through the old one in the trash so I had to keep the new one. I hate it the new one. So the search continues.

Good to know about the scrotum tree.

Warren Contreras 5/22/10, 3:07 PM

Go for the gusto and buy a new Coach bag!

J Sedai 5/22/10, 11:37 PM

I rearrange the furniture all the time too! I was told it means you have good "nesting instincts" and that you're a "good caretaker". I think it means that I wanted to clean under all the sofas and scrub down the walls, and by the time I moved them out of the way they were half way across the room so I might as well try something new and leave them there.

I like purses too, sometimes I like them to match my outfit, sometimes clash (on purpose), sometimes I NEED a big one to hold all the kids (and my) gosh danged stuff! and sometimes a cute one will just sing it's siren call to me, and hypnotizes me into bringing it home. (same with shoes, I swear)

I want a scrotum tree! or you know a yard of my own that I can landscape and pamper forever and not have to give back to the govt after a few years.

and my doggie likes to lay in the shade, but outdoors, so she can watch the kids play. She has a very similar look on her face tho!

rachel... 5/23/10, 12:09 AM

Oh gosh, I have a bit of a phobia about turning left myself. I wait a ridiculous amount of time until there is a HUGE break in traffic. Or sometimes I just turn right and then turn around and go back. Better safe than sorry?

The Crazy Suburban Mom 5/23/10, 10:25 AM

DDiva - Ginger's so happy in the summer - it's so hard for her in the winter. Shes so little and her hairs so short. She cant wait for summer :)

Maureen - I think its cause no matter what you eat, purses fit :)

Warren, You're not helping! LOL

J - Im glad to hear that moving furniture is a positive thing! Sometimes it starts when I want to vacuum under stuff...

Rachael - Agreed

Petula 5/23/10, 1:35 PM

I've heard about a "condition" where people can't/don't make left turns. That's pretty funny/cute... I guess it can be a little frustrating as well.

Funny about the furniture thing. I don't do that as much as I used to... I think it depends on where I am living and what type of furniture I have. Given the parameters of my living room there aren't as many choices as I would like.

I want a new purse as well! I don't think I need one either and can't afford it either. LOL... Once I decide I want a new purse it's almost impossible to resist the calling. :-D We should go shopping together.

Loved this post.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Lula Foxx 5/24/10, 12:40 AM

Who doesn't want a new purse.
Ginger's smile is sooo cute.
What no Pandora (perfectly named) update? Hopefully that is good news.

Kimberley 5/24/10, 1:57 AM

Bahaha, scrotum tree, gotta love it! PS. Love your blog!

jellybelly 5/24/10, 3:22 AM