The Crazy Suburban Mom: Top 7 stupid things I've done fairly recently

Hobonichi Cousin Planner in my Filofax

Friday, May 7, 2010

Top 7 stupid things I've done fairly recently

Number 7   Even though I bought an extended warranty on Pandora which mitigated the damage, I think buying Pandora wasn't such a good idea.

Number 6   Buying the two year, instead of the three year extended warranty, was stupid in retrospect.

Number 5  Spending $945 to fix the Air Conditioner in my Chevy Venture 3 months before the head gasket blew and it became road kill, was stupid.  Really, really stupid.

Number 4  Not replacing the emerald green carpet that is freaking everywhere when we had the flood a few years back. Stupid.  Yes, it would have been expensive but my hate for that carpet grows daily and if I had I put in wood floors than I would not be living with a doody rug now.

Number 3    Everything I said in Number 4 except about my kid's black carpet, which Ginger likes to pee on.  So that one can be the stupid pee pee rug.

Number 2  When I was in Cape May I lost most of a prescription I take.  Anyone else here have Restless Leg Syndrome?  Maybe someday I'll write a post on RLS.  If you have it -and you have it bad - (the primary kind) I don't care what else you're taking drugs for, and I am taking drugs for other things, that's the one med you do. not. want. to ever be without.

Any idea what it's like to have to get another prescription covered when the insurance company says,  you should have more according to our records, so suck it up.

And the #1 Stoopidest thing is   I haven't been to the gynecologist in about three years.  Probably three.  Not sure about that.  Called yesterday and made an appointment and I'm all, Hello, you probably don't remember me cause I haven't been there since the year of the flood but I think I'm perimenopausal ... or sumthin' and I've had my period for um, oh... a while. So can I come in?

And they couldn't give me an appointment till next Wednesday night.  (Night?)  And I said, If I'm still going that long should I call for an appointment sooner and she was unimpressed with me,  Naw, we've had people bleedin' way longer than that, Pffft!

Totally felt like a poser.

Vonlipi 5/7/10, 10:01 AM

You are one lucky woman...stupid doody rug and stupid pee rug all in the same house!

I'm totally visually allergic to carpet and physically as well (dust mites) so I would've ripped it up a long time ago.

When we got the house the first floor was covered in grey indusrial carpet. One day we decided to look underneath and we had the original wood floor under. Now mind you it's not a nice floor, I think it's an under floor, it's real rustic looking but for the time being, it will do.

Installing a new wood floor is in the plans eventually, you know how it is...

For the mini vans, well things happen. And for the prescription, been there, done that. I lost an inhaler once and I had to replace it it costs me 120.00$.Yikes!

Vintage Christine 5/7/10, 10:09 AM

Well you couldn't have known the head gasket was going to blow so I would say you're excused from #5. But yeah, not going to the guyno for that long when you're still menstrating is probably stupid but certainly not unique. My husband works offshore and one of his prescriptions was going to expire halfway into it so he called the insurance company and asked if he could get the scrip early. Nope, they wouldn't cover it because it wasn't close enough to the 30-day expiration. We even asked them if they would cover it if he could PROVE he was going to be offshore (you know, like getting a note from his boss). Nope. Rules state blah blah blah. Expletive deleted at this point . . .

Babes Mami 5/7/10, 10:59 AM

I hate the gyno, I never used to go and I have a history of lady problems. Then I got 4 paps in one year during pregnancy! My sister has a wierd thing, she bleeds for months and then it stops, then she bleeds for months...they have tried everything but can't figure it out!

At least you bought the two year instead of no year?

Tax return. Wood floors.

Mom Mayhem says: 5/7/10, 11:05 AM

Ugh-Vehicle problems are the worst! But,at least you do have some warranty! And yeah I probably need to make an appt. for a checkup soon too -My Dr. is also frustrating because it can take a week or so to get an appt. as well-What is up with that?! And don't get me started with carpet-We did get ours replaced when we had a slab leak a few years ago but, you know kids/pets -It's pretty again now-Ugh.

Mom Mayhem says: 5/7/10, 11:07 AM

*I meant to say our carpet is pretty nasty again now .

The Crazy Suburban Mom 5/7/10, 11:48 AM

Yeah, definitely the last one is the stupidest one. For sure

Maureen 5/7/10, 11:52 AM

I think my top 7 would be worse so pat yourself on the back!

Anonymous 5/7/10, 2:54 PM

my mom got something like RLS since several years ago... she got to have the medicine till now... hope everything will be ok...

@eloh 5/7/10, 3:40 PM

I agree. PULL up that carpet... then PAINT (oh I waited to paint and I shouldn't have)if the floors need more work than you are willing to do... just paint them.

J Sedai 5/7/10, 8:21 PM

that top 7 isn't that bad, the car stuff shouldn't even be on there, cause hello warranty! I've seen lovely things done with stained concrete floors, then they get sealed and it looks like granite or marble or tile or whatever. and you just mop! also no little ones you you don't have to worry about bonking heads! LOL