The Crazy Suburban Mom: The. Migraine.

Hobonichi Cousin Planner in my Filofax

Friday, April 2, 2010

The. Migraine.

Tomorrow is the third attempt at my son's luthier apprenticeship graduation party. It's been canceled I think three times already due to...

002

Lots of it.

016

Three times.

My son thinks its going to be canceled again cause he's a glass half-empty sort of guy.   I showed him the weather forecast...

weather

But he's been burned by the weather forecast three times already and isn't buying it.

I'm going ahead with my party plans despite his prediction of a major blizzard.  If so, I will be shoveling in flip flops and a tube  top because I can't stand winter another second.

And believe you me, a tube top on my body will scare the winter right out of the Universe, not to mention I'm sure there would be some sort of registered letter about it from the housing association as well.

The house looks much better than it did earlier this week and it's a good thing or this time the party would be canceled due to...  I guess crap all over the place instead of snow, right?

Thankfully, the only casualty of the clutter fest / party planning was that endless, persistent, and still present... migraine that I. STILL. HAVE. AND. O. M. G. THEY. LAST. FOR. FREAKING. EVER. DON'T. THEY. AND. OKAY. I'M. GOING. TO. STOP. TALKING. LIKE. THIS. NOW.

But really, I don't have migraines frequently and for me it's the migraine associated business and not the headache itself that's the problem.  The auras and other migraine symptoms get to me more than the junior varsity strength pain that's more of a standard headache.  But since it is technically a migraine, it has all the the hooha and baloney of a migraine.  And can go on for - Oh.  three days I'm up to now.

I have some finishing touches to put on the house before tomorrow and I have to vacuum the kids room because, there is nothing on the floor and wow. A floor. So let's get a shot of that.

Before

013

No laundry on bed..

006

And the floor looks decent too...

And until the hooks go on the wall...

004

There's room in the corner for for the sparkly guitar.

I think the next rule of decluttering might be - A migraine is inevitable.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Vintage Christine 4/2/10, 12:38 PM

My sister gets migraines. I don't. My sister's house is not cluttered. Mine is. Ergo: you are correct.

Vonlipi 4/2/10, 12:49 PM

I agree with Vintage Christine. It's because your house is un-cluttered that you have a migraine! Quick you need clutter! ;)
Have a nice bacon full party!

The Crazy Suburban Mom 4/2/10, 12:59 PM

now you guys tell me!

Mimi 4/2/10, 3:35 PM

Girl--I feel your pain with the migraine situation. I have been living with them for years. I have them almost daily *Ugh* and it's a total suckfest. I think this time of year is the worst. You deserve a spa day!

Janiss 4/2/10, 4:34 PM

Wow, my house is TOTALLY cluttered and I have never had a migraine! Brian (my fiance), on the other hand, is nowhere near as cluttery as I am (even with all his guitars and guitar-related stuff) and he does get 'em. Maybe there is something to this.

That said, migraines are no laughing matter. They are awful and debilitating. Hope yours goes away soon!

Grace 4/2/10, 4:58 PM

I left a comment the other that never showed up - Just want to say you've done a brilliant job with your home...I love your kitchen!

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit 4/2/10, 5:23 PM

Oh man, I hate migraines so much. The aura is the pits, isn't it?

Maureen 4/2/10, 6:59 PM

Oh Tracy I feel for you. Any headache puts me over the edge...a migraine..... You need to do some chillaxin' girl.

P.S. Good job on the de-cluttering!

Migraintes 4/2/10, 8:59 PM

I always have a Migraine.

Momfever,  4/3/10, 7:56 AM

didn't Winter get the memo Spring has sprung?!

Tara Beaulieu 4/3/10, 1:26 PM

You are making such excellent progress on the house. Migraines are the worst- I push my fingers into my eyes so hard I see spots and if not for the fear of pushing them into my brain, I'd keep pressing them harder, It is just awful the pain. Dizziness, light sensitivity and the inability to have coherent thoughts. Well, that's me anyway. My mom and sister also suffer from them. Okay this is a thoroughly depressing comment, lol. I just wanted you to know you aren't alone!

Really, your house is coming along great! :)

Six Feet Under Blog 4/3/10, 4:43 PM

I havent had a migraine for awhile (knocking on wood) Have faith, it will get better!

My novel is out!
www.TeresaMoodyAuthor.com
or, enter to win a free one on my blog!

Lin 4/3/10, 10:04 PM

Oh, crud. I hope you feel better. What is with you and me???! My butt, your head--cripes, we are falling apart.

I hope you can finally have the graduation party. I have a small house and I know we'll be dealing with the same thing for Col's party. Well, except for the snow. If it snows in June, I'm taking that as a definite sign.

Jeve (aka John and Steve) 4/4/10, 12:35 PM

Best line " a tube top on my body will scare the winter right out of the Universe".

Very funny honey.

J Sedai 4/4/10, 5:48 PM

great job on the house!! and migraines SUCK!! I used to let mine linger that long, now if they don't go away with the meds the Dr gave me I go to the ER, and they shoot me up (no really) and then watch them all stare in disbelief as I don't pass out.

have fun at the party!!