The Crazy Suburban Mom: A rediculous week

Hobonichi Cousin Planner

Saturday, February 6, 2010

A rediculous week

Right after I got my van back I was cooking and I have some very sharp knives and my mind was otherwise occupied and to make a long story short because typing with one hand isn't my forte...

004

I all but cut the top of my ring finger off and no...

I'm so not kidding. That's the smallest dressing I've had on it so far. Mostly I just wrap it and keep it up so it doesn't bleed and hope it just knits over somehow. Every time I change the bandage it's like starting over - Blood everywhere - and banging on the keys doesn't help much either. So yes, Ow! if you were wondering.

I haven't quit blogging and I don't have blogger's burn-out or anything dramatic I am just trying to keep the likelihood of a transfusion to a minimum.

ladyjanewriter 2/6/10, 4:16 PM

aaaaagh! Oh jeez. I just hope that you don't have nerve damage and numbness. How many stitches?

The Crazy Suburban Mom 2/6/10, 4:33 PM

really - oh, no numbness. believe me... and no stitches. When I say I cut off the top - I didnt slice it ... there isnt anything to put together .. part is just...gone. Not an inch or anything gross like that... but geeeze.

@eloh 2/6/10, 5:06 PM

What in the sam hill have you got up inside that bandaid? You may need some help with that. Did you not find the "piece" to stick it back on? Too late now I guess.

I hope you don't end up having to change your name to Fingers from Jersey.

The Crazy Suburban Mom 2/6/10, 5:11 PM

eloh - I had to find some way to add pressure so the thing wouldn't bleed. So under two giant band-aids, one up and down and one cross ways is a 4 inch x 4 inch non- stick 'gauze' pad wadded up. But it's not gauze and its not non-stick. Everytime I change that mess it starts up all over again.

The thing sticks and I have to hold my hand under water until it loosens and falls off - and its like starting all over again.

Maureen 2/6/10, 6:49 PM

Oh balls - something I would do! Didn't go to the doctor? Something I would do too. Just be careful of infection!

And now are you getting nailed with the storm too????

Margie and Edna 2/6/10, 6:50 PM

Yikes! Er, you might want to see a doctor about that instead of hoping for the best. At any rate, we REALLY hope you are better soon. :)

The Crazy Suburban Mom 2/6/10, 7:19 PM

Maureen, The storm was bad about half an hour south of us and down - We got about 5 inches. Enough to annoy. Not enough to really cause problems... And no, didn't go to doc...

MandE - I don't want too... I don't want anyone to touch it. omg

Vonlipi 2/6/10, 7:48 PM

OMG! That is so painful and annoying! ewwww!

I cut the top of my pinky with a mandolin. Yikkes! It bled all over and even if you clean you find some small blood stains a long time after (I guess blood is like pine needles...you find some forever!)

Take care of yourself! I want to keep my bloggy friend always! ;)

mama-face 2/6/10, 9:06 PM

Youch. Maybe next time I have a blog meltdown I will think of your finger and remember what is really important in life. I can type freely. (not smartly, just freely.)

Get better soon!!! :-)

The Crazy Suburban Mom 2/7/10, 5:25 AM

Vonlipi - Thats about how its bleeding. And when you said a mandolin I'm thinking, how did she do that? because I just bought my son one ... the instrument. And gee, it didnt look sharp, than i realized you meant the slicer. duh.

Mamaface - Thank you, it's a bit challenging.

Lin 2/7/10, 11:47 AM

OW! We have one of those expensive, ultra-sharp knives that I cannot pronounce the name of and that beast is dangerous! My kids are 14 and 17 and I won't let them near the damn thing. Joe and I both have had really bad cuts from that bad boy, and yet, I won't part with it.

I hope you are okay and that it stops bleeding because you need your blood. It helps somehow.

Keep that finger out of the dip today, okay?

Carolyn 2/7/10, 12:09 PM

Yeah, my knives have done this to me on a number of occasions. I've had to put them in some serious time outs because of it. But nothing was as bad as my new mandolin. After lecturing my budding chef twins a million times not to ever use it without the little thingy you're suppose to put the food on as you "swipe" it across the blade. I did just that... I didn't use it. Somewhere in Auburn, AL, there lays part of my right thumb at the bottom of a water treatment plant!

Take care of that finger cause typing without it is gonna be another pain to deal with.

Lidian 2/7/10, 1:11 PM

I hope you are better very soon! That looks really painful.

Daisy 2/7/10, 2:54 PM

Sorry you got a hurty finger!

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit 2/7/10, 4:16 PM

Ow! Ow! Ow! That looks really painful!

Ow! :(

Fine Estate Sales 2/8/10, 12:10 AM

OH Dang!

That is not a pretty sight, not that a bandage ever is...perhaps if you use a magic marker you could dress it up a bit...

On a more serious note: It's amazing given all the sharp objects and corners that there are in life that we don't cut our selves more...Take Care...and may the menders mend you back whole again soon.

Martin