The Crazy Suburban Mom: Ah, Dell, thank you

Friday, December 11, 2009

Ah, Dell, thank you

If you have been following my recent computer problems ( here and here ) this is the next installment because it's only fair.

thank-you-note-pad1

Someone from Dell's escalation department called me last night, they had the computer, it was in engineering and they want to know, How can we replicate the problem? I told them, Turn it on - There wasn't any way to not replicate the problem. And than they wanted to confirm my address because....

They were sending me another computer!

thanks

Once I peeled myself off the ceiling, I said..... Wait, a new computer? And after a bit more discussion because of my feelings about getting a refurbished unit and just give me my money back at this point already, yes, a new one.

Seems this was the escalated escalation department.

thanks

Now it is the same model I had...But hopefully they updated the troublesome parts. Dell Dude thought they had. If not I have escalated escalation department Dell Dude's direct phone number and I am to call him at the first sign of trouble although I don't know who hopes there is no trouble more, me or Dell Dude.

thanks

My computer should be here in 7 -10 business days; they have to build it. In the interim I'll use the desktop which as I said, has no problems. Although I can't use it in my bed .... Which isn't actually a problem but, I don't know... You can't beat a laptop with a stick. Although, okay... I really got to the point I wanted to beat my laptop with a stick. But that's old news now.

So that's the update.

smile

Dell made things right and anyone who read the other two posts should know that.

heidi 12/11/09, 10:46 AM

whew. there's a christmas miracle, eh?!! :)

Lin 12/11/09, 10:49 AM

Hooray! Every once in awhile, someone does use their heads. :) Nice.

The Crazy Suburban Mom 12/11/09, 11:40 AM

Heidi, you said it :)

Lin - for sure!

Maureen 12/11/09, 12:17 PM

Awesome! It pays to pursue! Maybe Michael D. reads your blog!

Misguided Mommy 12/11/09, 1:01 PM

i love your masthead.

i must say i am shocked that dell actually did something nice/right yay for you though

@eloh 12/11/09, 4:27 PM

Excellent!

Shelle 12/11/09, 10:16 PM

I'm so glad they are...you deserve it...there is seriously nothing worse than a computer that works properly. Heck Dell should know that!

mama-face 12/13/09, 10:24 AM

Yeah for Dell! It's about time! :)

Anonymous,  1/25/10, 3:51 PM

Hey, I found your blog after looking to find Dell's Escalation Dept email, or number. I have been having serious issues with my laptop and they have promised to have the escalation dept call me TWICE. So far, I have heard nothing. Do you happen to have that number or an email that works so that I can contact them myself?? Thanks!!

The Crazy Suburban Mom 1/25/10, 5:20 PM

Anon - I don't have a magic number or email. The emails and numbers came off the website what I did was not give up. If they didn't call, I called back. If they didn't do what they said, I called back. If they said they couldn't do what I wanted them to do I said that wasn't acceptable . It kept going up the escalation chain I suppose.

Anonymous,  3/1/10, 8:12 PM

I had the same issue and told the same thing (all the way to the esc. dept.)... "A NEW Computer". After waiting several weeks and going back and forth with DELL, I now have 2 refurbished computers (NOT NEW AS PROMISED) and this is not including my defective one.

I have taken this matter with a "Liaison" who will make sure that I don't get tossed around and get what I was promised... "A NEW COMPUTER".
PS: Dell Inc....Please keep your word, that way you will be able to keep good customers.