The Crazy Suburban Mom: Son of I'm storage challenged...

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Son of I'm storage challenged...

So yesterday, I posted about being challenged in the ways of storage. That post was about storage in my powder room but I have the same problem in two other bathrooms... And all my other rooms to be honest.

I'm not gifted in storage and organization, I guess.
The post is here. But in a nutshell the hugest waste of space is the cavern beneath the vanity.

bathroom1

I think that's a pretty common cavern in modern homes.

I haven't had luck any getting Heaven to shine some sparkly glitter beams of organization down on me and trying to get the Neatness Fairies to sing some lovely um, Fairy Neatness tunes in my general direction has also failed... So I turned to Google instead. I want some opinions... Take a look.
I found it at Stacks and stacks and it's called the
Expandable Under-Sink Organizer.

And I can see how this would work. I read the reviews and they said what I kind of thought, people had some issues with it but most seemed to like it overall. The problems seems to be around the fact that since its adjustable it tended to not stay together. An issue for sure.

But in general it seemed to work for the same situation that I have.

What do y'all think?

chicamom85 11/10/09, 6:18 PM

I like it! Keep finding more solutions please.

Anne

I finally put up a Retro Tuesday post on my Comfort Food blog!

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit 11/10/09, 7:11 PM

I think I need to try this. I can never find *anything* under the sink!

Except Magic Erasers. I seem to have stockpiled an awful lot of Magic Erasers.

Lynette 11/10/09, 7:17 PM

does look good can also use the plastic "plate" shelves from the discount store. more to the point is the wasted space in the back by the pipes. use it for back up of female products and toilet paper.

Christa 11/10/09, 9:21 PM

Richard, I am right there with you!
I actually asked my hubby of he though he could figure out a way to put shelves in our bathrooms and under the kitchen sink. The bathrooms ar ea no go though, one side isn't solid it's drawers so it really would have anything to hold it up.

Room to Inspire 11/11/09, 12:18 AM

I have a the plastic plate shelves under my sink which work great, but this guy looks like it will get the job down as well!

Chelsea

JUST ME, THE MOM 11/11/09, 2:05 AM

Pretty slick - that's always a messy unorganized place around my house, I'd love to tidy it up a bit.

The Crazy Suburban Mom 11/11/09, 7:26 AM

First, yes on the magic erasers. I don't know whats in them or how they do what they do but they are flat out the best things ever. I think I've talked about them before.

I don't know what plastic plate shelves are but I'm going to have to google them... These seemed to work for people but there seemed to be issues because they weren't custom. And because they weren't they didn't hold together. That said, custom would be much more money.

On with the search I guess. I'm up for more suggestions!

Nichay 11/11/09, 11:27 AM

I found some plastic totes that where smaller and put my things in them. Then I just stacked them. They are see through so you know what's in them. :) But this seems like a great idea also.