The Crazy Suburban Mom: Holds memories like tea...

Monday, September 21, 2009

Holds memories like tea...

This is my 2nd post today Go here for my Decluttering post

This teacup and tablecloth were found
in a corner on the last day of an estate sale.

roseviolet6

Many lovely things are disregarded
as garbage at these sales.

I find that sad.

roseviolet4

Things that for years held meaning
and were well-cared for.

roseviolet3

Looked after and cherished
like friends.

roseviolet2

They shared space with the family,
And had a place at holiday tables.

And hold the family's memories.
As they would tea.

roseviolet1

I like to honor the things I get.

roseviolet

To thank those who kept them
lovingly all those years.

if you're looking for the perfect tea to drink in a lovely estate tea cup, I just found it: Naivetea's Rose Violet Calendula Oolong You can see the color is lovely but it's really about about the heavenly smell and taste. I don't know if you've ever had violet candy? It's not easily found anymore being sweetly old fashioned. This tea reminded me of that mixed with roses and jasmine. It's lovely hot or iced and perfect served in a vintage cup.

According the the company:
High altitude oolong infused with rose, violet, and calendula with a sprinkle of jasmine green. Intense floral aroma with hints of rose, violet, and calendula. Light and smooth body with strong bouquet flavor and jasmine green undertone. Fragrant finish and long sweet after taste.

PS - This isn't a tea review mom blog thing - this is just a tea I love and drink.

Southern Hospitality Thrifty Treasures Link

Between Naps on the porch - Met Monday

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

black eyed susans kitchen 9/21/09, 12:50 PM

Lovely sentiment!

Lynette 9/21/09, 2:39 PM

love hot tea, and violet sounds so relaxing.
myself I have fallen in love with ginger in my tea. a lil crystillized ginger goes a long way.

Jessica @ This Blessed Life 9/21/09, 3:17 PM

That tablecloth is darling. I never actually use the world "darling" but it seemed to be the only word that fit right! :)

The Crazy Suburban Mom 9/21/09, 3:41 PM

Susan - Thank you!

Lynette - That sounds really delicious!

Jessica - You know you're right! Darling is the perfect word :)

Kammy 9/21/09, 5:56 PM

So true, so true....I always wonder the life it had when it was cherished.....then I think that I will cherish it and give it a home and hopefully pass it down my branch of the family tree !
Kammy

Cass @ That Old House 9/21/09, 6:17 PM

I cannot pass up handmade linens at yard sales or thrift shops -- someone worked so hard over them, to have them put aside as "junk." I have given home to way too many items of other people's "junk" over the years!
Lovely post, thanks
Cass

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality 9/21/09, 7:00 PM

I agree, those treasures are precious! thanks for coming by today.

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) 9/21/09, 8:11 PM

Awww, so nice that adorable tablecloth and cup is now with you where they will continue to be used and appreciated. I always feel a connection with those who enjoyed a treasure before it came to live with me. :-)
So glad you joined in for Met Monday! And thanks for your comment...appreciated it so much! Susan

Jason Witt 9/22/09, 6:42 AM

I've had the Naivetea selection and it is indeed remarkable. They do one of the best jobs with flavored teas of any company out there even though it's unusual to find flavored Oolongs. They have my seal of approval. And about these treasures found at garage sales and such, yes, it's true that they can be valuable finds. They just need some love from a new home. --Spirituality of Tea

The Crazy Suburban Mom 9/22/09, 6:51 AM

Thank you everyone for your comments - I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds these things to be treasures. I find sales sad sometimes - so many people go with the only intention to be resale. And thats not bad exactly - its just that they are selling memories. And not all that is precious is obvious. Or highly valuable.

Also I've visited a lot of new blogs thanks to visits to this post - loved the new ones Ive seen.

Rhonda- well yours I go to everyday :)

Jason - I've never seen yours and so I'm glad you stopped by! I can't say my taste in tea is as sophisticated as yours. I do love oolong tea and before this I loved teavanas formosa nut oolong which is a much stronger more commercial flavor but enjoyable. This one though, is really heavenly.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and generous time spent with me