The Crazy Suburban Mom: Ginger rids the world of baby bunnies (CC)

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ginger rids the world of baby bunnies (CC)

Ginger's been with us for ten years. We got her when
she was four. Or maybe six no one was sure. We
were her forth home and over half of her life had
been spent in one shelter or another. She wasn't easy
to get along with. She didn't play well with other
dogs. And she's been known to pee-pee on
the floor. She followed her nose into lots of trouble.

nose

She doesn't like anything in her yard. Be it baby bunnies
or the mastiff next door; Ginger, all ten pounds of her,
would chase them both out with equal intensity.

Luckily, the mastiff next door was a kind soul.

nose1

Her muzzle's gray now.

nose3

And she can't see well anymore.

nose2

Or hear.

So she startles easy if you get too near her and
she didn't know you were there.

nose4

But Ginger still loves her yard and the hot, hot summer sun.

Scanning. Watching. Sniffing the air and satisfied
that after all these years the evil baby bunnies are gone.

Not that they are; she just can't see them anymore.

But she's warm and happy and I'm not going to tell her.

Camera-Critters!

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom 9/19/09, 2:10 PM

Great job Ginger!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Vonlipi 9/19/09, 2:42 PM

Good girl! Who needs baby bunnies?

I'm sure she would give my cats a run for their money!

Jan's Place USA and Mt Forest Pictures 9/19/09, 3:36 PM

oh.. loving words from a loving dog owner..I like your Ginger!

Kenia Cris 9/19/09, 3:49 PM

She's so adorable! I loved to hear about her story and I'm sure she's spent the best years of her life by your side. I have another dogs as old as her, I know exactly how you feel about her losing sight and hearing. She's so cute!

Thank you muchly for you lovely comments on my blogs. May God guard you and yours.

Much love from Brazil!

chicamom85 9/19/09, 3:51 PM

Ginger, you are so beautiful. I don't like any critters in my yard either. There are some sassy chipmunks that tease me in front of my window where I lay, I bark and bark and they still come back. Do you have any advice.

licks and sniffs, Sasha

Rambling Woods 9/19/09, 4:30 PM

Awww....dog or human.. we all grey and enjoy sitting in the warm sun....lovely post...

Gloria 9/19/09, 5:30 PM

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! Your ginger looks like a little sweetie, and about the same size as my Billy. Billy is almost 12. Going to check out your blog more now.

eileeninmd 9/19/09, 6:09 PM

Ginger sounds like she likes to protect her yard, her kingdom. My dog is the same way. Thanks for sharing Ginger's story.

JUST ME, THE MOM 9/19/09, 7:14 PM

What a sentimental and beautiful post about your Ginger. I love my puppies and can't imagine life without them:)

Krsitin

blueviolet 9/19/09, 8:59 PM

Awwwww....sweet, sweet Ginger. :)

Lynette 9/19/09, 9:26 PM

You have an award waiting for you at

Leslee 9/20/09, 1:11 AM

Awwww... Your Ginger is so sweet!! I just bet she has some stories to be told; you can just see it in her eyes!!!

I love looking through your blog - I enjoy all of your pics ~

Thanks for stopping by mine and leaving your comments! I'll surely be back :-)

magiceye 9/20/09, 1:41 AM

hey ginger! take care!

do drop by at Pet Pride

L. 9/20/09, 10:03 AM

Ginger is the cutest and I love the shot of her nose! :) Adorable AND heart-wrenching!

@eloh 9/20/09, 1:29 PM

There is no love as pure as that of an old dog. Makes me about cry for my old Kate.

Life with Kaishon 9/20/09, 1:36 PM

I saw a comment you left this morning at The world according to me and I just had to come and say hi : ) I love those kind of mixing bowls. They remind me of my Grandma!

What great pictures of your dog! I hope you are having a lovely sunday with the kids, the dog, and the minivan : )

Amber Page Writes 9/21/09, 3:25 PM

I think my Kermit would get along with your Ginger just fine...he hates those evil bunnies, and would gladly help Ginger make hers stay gone!

Great post! Just wanted to let you know, I found you over on WW, and thought I'd try and find your "real" blog. Glad I did!