The Crazy Suburban Mom: Dude, your mom's bangin'

Friday, September 4, 2009

Dude, your mom's bangin'

Next week my kid starts his luthier apprenticeship. I talked about it in last week's weekly weight watcher update here. It's not close enough for him to live at home and I'm having a tough time of it.

Ma, you have to let go.

Anyway.

Yesterday we took a trip to the guitar school to sign stuff and pick up a tool list so today he can order a bunch of guitar related paraphernalia. We've been to the school a few times, but not recently.

We made good time on the drive, exchanged guitar-related pleasantries on arrival - Well, they did, I wouldn't know a guitar-related pleasantry from a corn on the cob - And commenced guitar-related conflabbing. Head Guitar Repair Dude goes over tools and contracts and logistics. Strings, frets, whatevs. Out of nowhere Head Guitar Repair Dude says, Did you get your hair cut? And my kid says, Yeah. Head Guitar Repair Dude is all, Not you, Dude, your mom.

Yeah, I say and he's all, You look totally different. I'm thinking it's the diet, not the hair.

They move on to other stuff. Safety, listening, being on time, and than this, Did you lose like 30 pounds or something? And I go, More like 20.

And he looks at my kid and says, Dude! Your mom's bangin'...

Than we all fist bump to my success. So I'm mad blushing about now because this isn't something that's happened recently and my kid totally reminded me about the blushing later.

More than once

And they go on about more guitar - I don't know - stuff. And my kid gets the list and they finish talking instruments and tools and more guitar related - I don't know, stuff.

On the way out the guy yells to my kid, See you next Wednesday and Dude, bring back your Mom.

I really enjoyed this because I've not seen this look on my kids face in a really long time.

whatthe

That magical mix of horror and What the??

So, okay.

Reality check. While that was lots of fun, I'm nowhere near bangin', but I did appreciate someone noticing my pre-bangin' efforts.

Thanks Mr. Head Guitar Repair Dude. You're the first person to notice.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality 9/4/09, 10:35 AM

Tracy, what a funny story! I think I'd be jumping up & down if some dude said that about me too. :)

Thanks for coming by & YES, get to working on those ugly light fixtures. You'll be so glad you did.

The Crazy Suburban Mom 9/4/09, 10:41 AM

Rhonda, I only recently found your blog and I love it so much. Been visiting every day since... It's inspiring and beautiful, besides. And when I read todays post I was like, Gulp. Oh right. I still have those awful builders light fixtures...right.

and darn they don't go away if you ignore them :)

Tina-cious.com 9/4/09, 10:57 AM

BOY do I feel you on the kid leaving front.

I think it's hysterical that he said that in front of you. :P

And awesome that he noticed. We never realize how many people we affect, do we?

Can't see the pics (flickr firewall again!) but hopefully I can remember to come back :)

Kathy B! 9/4/09, 11:01 AM

LOVE it!

I bet you are bangin' and you're just too critical to notice. Rock on guitar dude :)

TheClayMuse 9/4/09, 12:44 PM

i agree with Kathy B!
i can only image the look on your son's face :P

Lidian 9/4/09, 1:53 PM

That is fabulous that he noticed! Way to go!

And I hear you about kids growing up...I look at my girls and I cannot believe - like, how did they grow up so fast? Whuh...huh? What happened?

@eloh 9/4/09, 1:59 PM

I've found I can pretty well guage my appearence by who or what opens the door for me in public...(This is the South people).

I had a neighbor (passed in his eighties) who made stringed instruments.....Oh my God, they were beautiful. He was all the time coming up with pieces of the most exotic wood...Gosh, I really miss that old guy.

L. 9/4/09, 2:22 PM

You hottie, you're a Cougar!

chicamom85 9/4/09, 3:07 PM

Happy Labor Day!! Lets get drunk!

Anne

Brooke 9/4/09, 3:34 PM

Man, I wish someone would call me "bangin'" - ha, that's awesome!

Elise 9/6/09, 7:45 AM

Hello, you have the most fabulously wonderful site here and I had to leave this comment for you ! Your posts are beautifully written, creative and original too, and you have interesting pictures.

It's all perfect !

Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes.... 'Happy September'....

The Crazy Suburban Mom 9/6/09, 12:52 PM

Whoa - Elise, thank you ever so much for that comment. It was, wow, very very sweet and made my day.

Digital Scraps Etc 9/6/09, 2:00 PM

Woohoo! As my girlfriend likes to say. Good for you Tracy. I've been working on losing weight as well and have almost lost 20 lbs so far. You'll laugh when you hear my diet strategy...check out my blog if you're curious :-)

Baba 9/6/09, 4:02 PM

I have an award for you.

Mom Mayhem says: 9/10/09, 3:31 PM

You go! Miss hottie banging mom-you! But, really that is awesome-Your hard work is paying off :)