The Crazy Suburban Mom: And now without commercial interruption I bring you my new fall schedule

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

And now without commercial interruption I bring you my new fall schedule

My Weekly Weight Watcher Update has been preempted by a new show on the Fall Schedule. And it's catching all the buzz at the Golden Globes:

Tracy does No Car, Day 10

Oh, what will I wear on the Red Carpet?

It's sort of Survivor meets Hell's Kitchen meets Dexter meets the Brady Bunch.

In a dark alley with a stick.

And no cell phone.

The theme song is from The Twilight Zone and Rod Serling will do his walk on. And yes, I know Rod's been dead a good 30 years.

So, oh! The horror! Right?

But, ya know, in a light hearted still kind of funny way.

Than add a soup├žon of Mad Men to keep it au courant , a hint of the 60's hit Laugh In and The Sopranos for some New Jersey brand Ba Da Bing! and I think we about have it.

And yes, I'm watching way too much TV.

If you're wondering where Laugh-In comes in....

lily-tomlin-telephone-operator

I just got another text from AT&T. Well, last night. I wish they would've just called me like they said on the morning of September 25 because the bill is due in 6 days. Now they say:

My "account is under review and we will contact you within three business days to discuss your concerns"

They have an uncanny ability to time these supposed business-day calls to me around non-business days.

The awful truth is there is no way with a teen who gets calls, and can't control the flow of what comes into that phone - And hey, I've seen the War and Peace sized paper bill of what comes into that phone and I am not even kidding about the War and Peace thing - I can manage with 450 shared minutes for the next thrilled packed 261 days that are left on my contract.

I mean, I can, but I can't afford the $100 overage I will be paying every single month like I did this month. Although I suppose not having a car and all, I probably can afford it but I am not planning on sending my gas money to AT&T every month even if I am not buying gas anymore.

I think that would just put me over the edge.

Anyway - I would love to be happy about renewing my contract. I would love to be happy about staying with AT&T the way I am about staying with Direct TV. Direct TV and I are going steady every since this the conversation the other night. You can read about it here if you want to.

I mean, is it too much to ask to be happy with your choice? To hear lovely music in the air when I sign my contract? To have bunnies and blue birds frolicking at my feet and for sweet Bambi to bring me a magic pen with which to sign the new two year contract? And for three of the seven dwarfs whistling up yonder cartoon hill carrying our new cell phones...

Wait, that was the Disney production of this post. Sorry.

At the very least I would like AT&T to make me feel valued and not just valued for re-upping for another stint but valued for having stayed with them for many, many years - For staying with them when they changed from Cingular.

For staying with them even though they are consistently the last company to employ helpful things (like unlimited texting and 10 friends and family) for their customers.

For staying with them when their employee referred to me as, Ugh, she's back.

Vonlipi 9/30/09, 8:23 AM

What will you do with the car thing? Will you get one? Can you imagine that I don't know how to drive yet? Yes I'm motorly challenged! I'm thinking of seeing an hypnotist, to help me overcome my fear of driving...

The Crazy Suburban Mom 9/30/09, 8:44 AM

Fears are tough to get over and they sort of just build on themselves. Thats kind of the problem, really... The longer they go the worse they get...

I think the only thing to get over the fear is to actually get in a car, in a safe area. Like a parking lot with no cars for as long as it takes.

And I don't know what I will do.

icedteaforme 9/30/09, 11:09 AM

I think your show should be called "big love" obviously the love at&t offers to you is form of fiduciary family love where you have trusted them and they have let you down!

You make me laugh in a good way, right along with you!

sending you some good news wishes soon!

The Crazy Suburban Mom 9/30/09, 11:39 AM

IcedTea - you are so right! And I need some of that big love about now

Glenda/MidSouth 9/30/09, 11:42 AM

Good luck! I won't get started about my episode with the phone company. Billed for repairs when no repairs were done! :(
Thanks for stopping by.

@eloh 9/30/09, 11:43 AM

Your "she's back", reminded me of one of my oh so many phone calls trying to stop AT&T from robbing me every month......they accused me of having a second phone line.....way before this was possible....and THEY (South Central Bell)were the ONLY carriers anyway..........it was our bird mimicking the sound of a ringing phone...but they called me a liar.

Lidian 9/30/09, 1:57 PM

I can drive but only in the country. No city driving for me, ever again! I am not that thrilled with cars anyway. Walking and public transit such as it is, will do. I tell people that this is because I grew up in Manhattan and - well, that is my excuse!

I think phone companies ought to use the phone, not send texts. That is just weird.

BrnEyedGal 9/30/09, 6:22 PM

OH I am so with ya on this one. AT&T and I don't get along well either...LOL
I am just waiting for my contract to expire and I am outta here....(too many problems with em)

Have a great day...:)

FranticMommy 9/30/09, 10:21 PM

My hubby was on the phone with Verizon almost two hours last night. And got cut off twice. Wouldn't that be like a fire truck catching fire? thanks for stopping by my blog!

Gran 9/30/09, 10:31 PM

Very funny! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'll be back!

L. 10/1/09, 1:36 PM

Company loyalty is practically gone -- in fact, company loyalty could be the star of one of your Retro Tuesday posts.
You make your problems, and they are bigtime problems, sound funny and adorable. That's such a gift.
While you're at it, why not ask the seven dwarfs to hi ho a car your way and have Cinderella pay for it!