The Crazy Suburban Mom: The rain in Spain falls mainly in...

Friday, June 19, 2009

The rain in Spain falls mainly in...

New Jersey, apparently. It's been the wettest June in history. We've had rain more than we haven't. My son is plotzing about it because for graduation he has this many tickets (like a thousand) if it's outdoors and this many (like four) if it's indoors.

Last night I say, It won't rain on graduation.

But ma, he says.

Haven't you ever heard of the laws of attraction, I say, you get what you think about.

I don't get any words back. Just some weird combination of blank stare and eye-roll. I can't describe the look but it's creepy.

It won't rain, on graduation. I'm putting my order in to the Universe.

He walks out mumbling something that sounded remarkably like... OH MY GOD, shut up, ma.

I do get his disbelief. It's rained more days than not. It's rained so many days since I got my new grill in March I've only been able to use it once.... It's rained so many days since March that my plants are ridiculously happy.

See?

molding

Those plants are clapping their hands and squealing like

8 year old girls with new Polly Pockets.

molding1

And my lawn.

Well, crab grass... Same thing.

molding2

Lush and alive.

As lush as crab grass can be.

molding4

But there is a dark under-belly to the rain.

The dirt?

molding3

Is molding.

Buckeroomama 6/19/09, 7:10 AM

It's been absolutely wet here as well. I actually prefer the rain (as long as I don't have to be out) to the muggy humidity we're having now and are bound to have much more of when full summer hits.

I hope you'll get perfect sunny weather on your son's graduation day. :)

Vonlipi 6/19/09, 7:12 AM

All is well again in my small universe! When I first open my laptop in the morning, I check my emails and then I look for a your new post!

The day is not as fun without your humour!

Have a nice one (rats I didn't win, again!)

V.

The Crazy Suburban Mom 6/19/09, 7:18 AM

Buckeroo - I KNOW the weather will be fine :)

Vonlipi - I have my new giveaway stuff all ready to go... soon! I know I didnt post as often in the last few days because of the stupid connection. sigh. Hopefully all is well. Or weller.

jewelryandgiftsbyrebecca 6/19/09, 8:40 AM

I'll be sending out all my positive thoughts for no rain on graduation day. (hope it helps)
WOW that is some GREEN yard you have there.

(PS. We had such a bad rain storm here the other night, my Mom called my cell to tell me I had to go home...I'm 41.)

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) 6/19/09, 9:04 AM

Mother Nature needs to get her act together...she's been off kilter all year long! I'll be sending warm and dry thoughts for graduation...I'd keep my fingers crossed, but it's hard to type that way... ;)

TheClayMuse 6/19/09, 9:48 AM

My lil sis graduates today and we have the same problem with tickets. She called me cryin yesterday that it was going to rain, I pulled up weather.com and proudly announced it wouldn't, it said so... here's hoping the rain holds off today.... Damn you Jersey rain clouds!

@eloh 6/19/09, 3:46 PM

It's been really wet down here too. So glad I am not the only one with moldy dirt.

a49erfangirl 6/19/09, 5:36 PM

I hope that it doesn't rain for graduation!

Mommyof2girlz 6/19/09, 8:30 PM

Mayo lovers unite!..haha
We are in our 3rd year of a drought, send the rain this way please! Thanks for stopping by ;)

Christina 6/20/09, 1:02 AM

LOL.... Polly Pockets.

We have crab grass popping up too. Daddy's on a kill mission.

kiddiescorner 6/20/09, 5:29 PM

It has been horrible here all week. Not for months like you but this week has been rain rain rain. And 8 year olds with new Polly pockets that made me laugh!

Debbie 6/20/09, 6:29 PM

I know the feeling. After several years of drought, we are getting so much rain. Moss is growing everywhere.

Six Feet Under Blog 6/21/09, 8:26 PM

Good luck on the rain. We just had a terrible storm that took have the branches off our trees. Rained again today-yuck. And darn it, I didnt win. Maybe next time!