The Crazy Suburban Mom: The Jamacian Declutter Fest has officially begun...

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Jamacian Declutter Fest has officially begun...

My family's been gone about an hour (explanation and associated PYREX GIVEAWAY here).

I'm starting with the Master Bedroom because it's the most neglected room. Everything I read says, The master bedroom should be your sanctuary. It's not, it's where I throw things when I need to clean the public spaces.

Oh, Sweet Mother of Disarray, is it bad in here. Cover me, I'm going in....

kiddiescorner 6/24/09, 8:57 AM

Good luck!

Christa 6/24/09, 9:44 AM

Can I do a Heft Bag tally for my house too? It might get embarrasing, atleast I'll have you to lean on!...Should bought the force flex!

beth 6/24/09, 9:49 AM

good luck! happy cleaning!

Mommy of Many 6/24/09, 9:54 AM

Have Fun! I hate cleaning but I love the feeling of a clean room. When I sit in messy rooms in the house I am constantly reminded of the things I still have to do, its like a little voice saying "clean me, clean me!"

Veronica Lee 6/24/09, 10:02 AM

Good luck, have fun and happy cleaning!!

The Crazy Suburban Mom 6/24/09, 10:24 AM

Thanks everyone! Taking a bit of a break at the moment...

christa - sure, do a hefty bag tally, than I won't feel so bad :)

And Mommy of many - me too! Love it whens it done but when its happening I feel in the middle of a tornado.

tracy

Vonlipi 6/24/09, 10:25 AM

You go girl! lol happy cleaning!

How about some homemade fudge for the trash guys?

The Crazy Suburban Mom 6/24/09, 11:28 AM

My home made fudge would look scary on top of a pile of garbage...it looks scary on a plate.

Its a little too 'organic' looking

tracy

marythemom 6/24/09, 12:01 PM

Please don't make the same mistake I always do! I put things in garbage bags for "our next garage sale." The garage fills up with garbage bags full of junk year round; I have a garage sale about once a year (after which I always say never again!); I never get all of the junk out of the garage (most of the time I'm too tired from hauling the rest of the junk by myself, or it rains - it always rains); at the end of the garage sale I look at all (OK most)of the junk and think most of this is "too good" to take to Salvation Army, I'll save it for the next garage sale or I'll put it on Craigslist. Results?! A garage full of junk for another year while the memory of the trauma of having a garage sale slowly fades.

Do not pass go, do not think you will collect $200, take the junk directly to charity.

Just my opinion!

Thank you for the inspiration!

Mary in Texas (with a 3 car garage full of junk, and every room in the house full of papers and other stuff that no one but me can sort through.)

The Crazy Suburban Mom 6/24/09, 1:07 PM