The Crazy Suburban Mom: An explosion at a laundromat, Ma? With a band?

Sunday, June 14, 2009

An explosion at a laundromat, Ma? With a band?

Yesterday my son says to me:

"An explosion at a laundromat, Ma? With a band?"

...In a remarkably accusatory tone, I might add.

He was referring to my Jaws, the laundomat edition post and this picture.

jaws2

I hadn't been hiding my blog, I just hadn't discussed it with him.

A while back I wanted to do a blog with him because he's flat- out the funniest person I know so we tried to find the comedic common ground. But I take too long to get to the punch-line for him and he didn't want to slog through all my verbage. Ultimately it was a matter of what I thought was funny wasn't exactly what rocked a 17 year old boy's socks.

I made my peace with the rejection and started my own blog. Truth is, I didn't think he even noticed.

"You've GOT to be kidding, you leave 700 tabs up everytime you leave the computer. One is Gmail, 699 are you're blog."

Busted.

So I asked if he minded. He didn't although he took unbrage with the picture I chose for his room.

"You picked the messiest, worst, most awful, place in my room."

I shrugged and said it was the the most explosive.

To be honest about that picture? The room's only 10 feet by 10 feet so that shot pretty much is the room. I didn't have the heart to tell him I had five shots and while they all made his room look exactly the same, bomb-blastish, it wasn't the worst. That honor belongs to the overhead shot that included his hamper over-flowing it's banks like the Mighty Mississippi.

Much worse.

lisa 6/14/09, 8:40 AM

You mean you got your 17 yr. old to even speak to you?

kiddiescorner 6/14/09, 9:35 AM

He must have gotten his humor from mom!

The Laughing Idiot 6/14/09, 11:15 AM

My kids are too young to read my blog and by the time they find out about it, it will be too late. All those life-destroying, embarassing stories will already be out there for every one of their potential boyfriends to read.

Hmmm, might be more effective at keeping them away than my husband's shotgun collection.

Vonlipi 6/14/09, 1:08 PM

I know the feeling...My partner doesn't understand the blog thing. My father reads it and comments on the pictures and my sister-in-law makes a point of commenting on it whenever I see her. So I have to censor myself (bummer). I might have to start a new blog, a secret blog!

a49erfangirl 6/14/09, 5:53 PM

LOL I had to chuckle. Did he clean his room after that?

Veronica Lee 6/14/09, 6:03 PM

LOL, I'm curious too. Did he clean his room after that??!!

Not The Rockefellers 6/14/09, 6:52 PM

I think it's actually kind of tidy...My daughter's room looks like night of the living Littlest Pet Shop featuring Webkinz...with music by Jonas Brothers...

Peace - Rene

Venti Vixen 6/15/09, 1:15 AM

FUNNY.AS.HELL.

Buckeroomama 6/15/09, 6:45 AM

My kids both love seeing themselves in my blog (photos / videos). Of course, they are too young to know what I write about them! :p

Heidi 6/17/09, 7:13 PM

Funny! I also read through your pivotal moments and the one with craving baloney made me think of how I used to crave hot dogs all the time, and I mean ALL the time, when I was pregnant.

I found you through Underdogs by the way!